1010 Bench press no bs

brobradh77

My max was 315 in high school (14 years ago!) :sigh: God, that guy was crazy.

I am still more impressed with the strong man competitions on ESPN. :smash:

Yes. They are like gods on ESPN. My max was 370 weighing in the 148 lb class 4 yrs ago in highschool. I was a gym junkie though. No I barely even work out.

What is a benchshirt? I am guess elastic that stretches on the way down and then goes back and aids in lifting the weight? Doesn't seem like it would make that big of a difference? I have never heard of one.

It is a really tight shirt that you put on, I forogt what its made out of, id have to go get mine and see. But its not elastic, and you dont want it to strech. If you want the center of his chest when he is going down with the bar you can see it kinda cave in. Thats where the shirt wasnt stretching. Thats also why he got the first 2/3 of the lift so easily, thats where the shirt helps the most from the chest to about half way up.

its made from either nylon or canvas and there are different ply shirts so the benefit that he gets from the shirt depends

What is a benchshirt? I am guess elastic that stretches on the way down and then goes back and aids in lifting the weight? Doesn't seem like it would make that big of a difference? I have never heard of one.

It is a really tight shirt that you put on, I forogt what its made out of, id have to go get mine and see. But its not elastic, and you dont want it to strech. If you want the center of his chest when he is going down with the bar you can see it kinda cave in. Thats where the shirt wasnt stretching. Thats also why he got the first 2/3 of the lift so easily, thats where the shirt helps the most from the chest to about half way up.

its made from either nylon or canvas and there are different ply shirts so the benefit that he gets from the shirt depends

Gurantee you he has the strongest ply shirt out there. There are obviously no regulations with this lift because he has no back on the shirt, in most lifting federations they require a back on the shirt, and he had a halfass pause when he touched his chest. I judge highschool meets around the state and I know for a fact he didnt lock it out all the way (usually the hardest part of the lift). I think he had a little help from the judges on this lift. But dont get me wrong he is a very strong man.

Gurantee you he has the strongest ply shirt out there. There are obviously no regulations with this lift because he has no back on the shirt, in most lifting federations they require a back on the shirt, and he had a halfass pause when he touched his chest. I judge highschool meets around the state and I know for a fact he didnt lock it out all the way (usually the hardest part of the lift). I think he had a little help from the judges on this lift. But dont get me wrong he is a very strong man.

Hes in one of the class where they dont test for steroids and they can use any kind of shirt, which is stupid.

Hes in one of the class where they dont test for steroids and they can use any kind of shirt, which is stupid.

Ohhh I see.