direct/easy install muffler

67speeda

i have a 3" cat back from flowmaster, i kind of wish i kept a 2 or 2.5'' because the engine doesnt "exhale" so much with a stock motor, so there probablly some backpressure. so i guess i will just have to add more motor mods!!! :)

I guess mods are a good thing

Kyle, you also have the 5.3 though right? That will make a little difference in pipe size vs an LQ9 as far as back pressure goes. Although most of the catback kits they sell are 3" I believe. Anywhere from 2.5 to 3" for the muffler should suffice.

Check with your local exhaust shop, you may be surprised at how cheap you can get one. I am getting a stainless Magnaflow with a lifetime warranty installed today for $130 out the door. I am using my factory piping to the muffler, 2 1/2" dual in, 3" single out with the stock tailpipe and tip. Sorry, I don't know what series muffler it is.

Edited by CNE (see edit history)

Well, the muffler is on and TOO FREAKIN' LOUD!!! Holy crap! The install looks good but man, I can't stand the noise. It droans a lot at highway speeds and it is way too loud under mid throttle and up. I guess, I'll take it off Monday and try a Flowmaster. I have a guy at work that said he would buy the Magnaflow off me.

Well, the muffler is on and TOO FREAKIN' LOUD!!! Holy crap! The install looks good but man, I can't stand the noise. It droans a lot at highway speeds and it is way too loud under mid throttle and up. I guess, I'll take it off Monday and try a Flowmaster. I have a guy at work that said he would buy the Magnaflow off me.

Ummm... Flowmaster is going to have a louder drone than Magnaflow.. What type of magna did you get? I know the shorter ones are the louder ones... i'd go with a mid-size magnaflow. That way it isn't too loud. ;)

Kyle, you also have the 5.3 though right? That will make a little difference in pipe size vs an LQ9 as far as back pressure goes. Although most of the catback kits they sell are 3" I believe. Anywhere from 2.5 to 3" for the muffler should suffice.

kyle has a 4.8 and going 3 inch piping all the way back isnt going to benefit any stock 4.8/5.3/6.0 motors i believe. i have 3 inch all the way and it sounds great but i wouldnt say there's a performance advantage to it. where it really helps is with fi

ya when i got mine i didnt really think about performance of it, just wanted a louder sound. but no matter what i love the sound now so much deeper and louder then the 50 series. a drone at highway, but its ok. im not worried about it until i start adding to the engine...