Got lucky at court.....

nxtnlne

Just thought I would let you guy's know that some mercy came my way at traffic court Monday. I plead not guilty on a speeding ticket and the CHP did not show up. This was the second ticket I went to court for that the officer did not show! IMO fight them all. The court will tell you that if you fight the ticket that they wont allow you to take traffic school. I think that is BS.

That particular day before court started while we waited outside in the hallway the bailiff came out with paper work and called out names of people who had a court trail and were eligible for traffic school. As people came up to him he stated that according to court records they were eligible and asked if they wanted to take it. Some people took the traffic school. Well I asked one of the people who accepted it if there cop even showed up. And guess what......He wasnt even there. They asked the bailiff if he was present and he stuttered for a sec then said no. Whats up with that? I thought that was pretty lame.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was ready to argue my case.

It was 1:30 a.m I was on my way home from work in no rush, cruise control set at 45mph up the bridge. I was heading west bound on the down side of the bridge off throttle. Traveling down the bridge dark as hell I seen a vehicle silloute but couldnt make it out. The vehicle was blacked out, no lights. When I finally made him out took a sec. I instinckly hit the brake and looked at my speed it was 51 mph.The officer was facing the same way as me at the bottom of the bridge. Cars were zooming by me east bound up the bridge. When I drove by him I looked and seen the dash lights dim as he started his vehicle and gave chase. He told me radar, and he couldnt show me because it was turned off. If it was a hand held it sure would be akward for him to hold the radar over his shoulder behind him and not hit opposing traffic???? Could he be 100% positive that he tag me and not the east bound lane?

KEEP IN MIND THIS ALL HAPPENED AT NIGHT.

1.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

3a.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

very nice. when i got my speeding ticket i brought up the argument that the guy that was right next to me was going the same speed, to which the cop replies "you were just the bigger fish to fry". kinda made me upset.

Edited by wody (see edit history)