took out another f-150

BlackSS04

i'm not all about spending the money to get a supercharger. i'm not trying to go to the track and race, i just want to put a hurtin other trucks in the street. i don't want a really fast truck, just a good increase in power than stock. i want 400 HP than i will call it quits for a while untill i get another HP bug. :jester:

The more power you have, the more power you want. The rush wears off and you'll need more power to replace it. I like the Chevy SS, and I've been a Chevy man my whole life until I took a test ride in my truck, so I'm not here to rag on anybody's ride. Believe me when I tell you that you want a supercharger on your truck. Ask anyone here that has one if they think it was worth it, it is............................

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe its well worth it all right, its just i don't want to have to worry about replacing my tranny and all the other shit you have to worry about with a blower. i hear superchargers eat our stock tranny alive. and plus, 5,000 for a blower is a little out of my price range right now. so thats why i'm planning on sticking with the basics and going all natural.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

i believe its well worth it all right, its just i don't want to have to worry about replacing my tranny and all the other shit people have to worry about with a blower. i here superchargers eat our stock tranny alive. and plus, 5,000 for a supercharger is a little out of my price range right now. so thats why i'm planning on sticking with the basics and going all natural.

I hear you, but one of the reasons I bought my truck was that it already had all the tranny and rear end stuff you needed for a supercharger. It's all good...............

i believe its well worth it all right, its just i don't want to have to worry about replacing my tranny and all the other shit people have to worry about with a blower. i here superchargers eat our stock tranny alive. and plus, 5,000 for a supercharger is a little out of my price range right now. so thats why i'm planning on sticking with the basics and going all natural.

I hear you, but one of the reasons I bought my truck was that it already had all the tranny and rear end stuff you needed for a supercharger. It's all good...............

i would of done the same thing. but did you trade in your sss for the lightning? thats one move i wouldn't of made.

i would of done the same thing. but did you trade in your sss for the lightning? thats one move i wouldn't of made.

No, I didn't. My wife wanted me to buy us a truck and the first thing I did was look at the SS. It was back when they were in the $40,000 + range, and while searching for trucks I stumbled upon my Lightning. I also looked at a Joe Gibbs truck, but it was all the way across the country and was also way more money than my truck. To tell the truth I never even heard of a Lightning before I bought mine. Since I already had a SUV, I really didn't need the back seat that the SS came with and after test driving the Lightning I decided to get. It turned out to be a lot less expensive than what I could get an SS for and it was pretty quick for a truck. If you are happy with your SS then keep it and enjoy it, as they really are nice trucks.

Since I already had a SUV, I really didn't need the back seat that the SS came with and after test driving the Lightning I decided to get. It turned out to be a lot less expensive than what I could get an SS for and it was pretty quick for a truck.

They are definitely quick. And I gotta say, that is one GOOD looking Ford you have there. I really like the smooth bodywork and those IROC Z looking wheels. That's my favorite style of wheel. Your's is very tastefully done, and judging from your HP and TQ numbers, I'm sure it rips.

But, it is definitely a specialty vehicle. I would not get one because I need the back seat, some towing capability, and some off road capability (which is also why I'm not driving an SS). The lightning is a bit like the SSR to me. I need a truck for different things.

I always wanted an SS, but I also wanted a Z71, but thought the Z71 was short on power and the SS was short on trucklike capabilities. I was so glad when they put out the Vortec MAX truck. It was like the product of an SS and Z71 spending too much time together :)

Oh, and I occasionally pick on the F-150s too. I know that in stock form they aren't very fast. I guess I'm a schoolyard bully :) I don't think I'd pick on a Lightning. Although I am curious how much one would smoke me :)

Mike

Since I already had a SUV, I really didn't need the back seat that the SS came with and after test driving the Lightning I decided to get. It turned out to be a lot less expensive than what I could get an SS for and it was pretty quick for a truck.

They are definitely quick. And I gotta say, that is one GOOD looking Ford you have there. I really like the smooth bodywork and those IROC Z looking wheels. That's my favorite style of wheel. Your's is very tastefully done, and judging from your HP and TQ numbers, I'm sure it rips.

But, it is definitely a specialty vehicle. I would not get one because I need the back seat, some towing capability, and some off road capability (which is also why I'm not driving an SS). The lightning is a bit like the SSR to me. I need a truck for different things.

I always wanted an SS, but I also wanted a Z71, but thought the Z71 was short on power and the SS was short on trucklike capabilities. I was so glad when they put out the Vortec MAX truck. It was like the product of an SS and Z71 spending too much time together :)

Oh, and I occasionally pick on the F-150s too. I know that in stock form they aren't very fast. I guess I'm a schoolyard bully :) I don't think I'd pick on a Lightning. Although I am curious how much one would smoke me :)

Mike

Hey Mike,

It sounds like you got exactly the truck you wanted and needed. For years I've been towing my jet ski and dirt bikes on a 1000 lb max load trailer with my SUV, and it has worked perfect for that, but for some reason my wife felt we needed a truck to pick things up at the nursery, home depot, that kind of stuff and this truck does that. It has a Rhino Liner in the bed and has a hauling pay load of 1375 lbs and is rated to tow 5,000 lbs, so I can still use it as a light truck. And when your driving it and not into boost, it feels like a stiffly sprung F-150 and is really pretty nice.

It's not for everybody that's for sure, but for those that want something like it, it rocks. Most Lightning owners are good guys, just like most of the guys on this site, so if you ever run into one, ask him to give you a shot, I'm sure he will by happy to oblige you. If you're ever in the Bay Area I could meet you at Infinion Raceway in Sonoma CA and we could burn rubber and have some fun.

Take Care, Matooch.................

i will leave this thread with a saying that me and my friends always say: F*%k a Ford.

It's cool that you won but too bad you have to state it like that :nonod:

I think sometimes people get carried away and don't really mean what they say. If I see a nice truck of any brand I think "cool, what a nice truck", but just because I didn't buy one like that I never hate the company that makes them. Different is good. Just think of how boring it would be if we all drove the same trucks.

i will leave this thread with a saying that me and my friends always say: F*%k a Ford.

I think sometimes people get carried away and don't really mean what they say. If I see a nice truck of any brand I think "cool, what a nice truck", but just because I didn't buy one like that I never hate the company that makes them. Different is good. Just think of how boring it would be if we all drove the same trucks.

Your probably right, I try to stay respectful of other brands heck I like all trucks :)

Your probably right, I try to stay respectful of other brands heck I like all trucks :)

:withstupid::yellow_loser:

• 1 month later...