took out another f-150

BlackSS04

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was that your lightning showtime?

No it wasn't, but it was the same color. The only reason I posted it was the SRT-10 quad cab running a F-150 4X4 was like taking candy from a baby, not even a close match. Any truck can be beat, and my Lightning is also one of them.

Come on, that wasn't a fair race and you know it. How about making it a little closer, like with this SVT F-150:

Video was all in good fun I had three new body style F-150's and man are they slow even with a few grand in mods ... also you guy's are more then welcome to come over to our site we have Lighting owners and SSS owners that are regulars.

From this weekend GTG had a few of your members hang with us .... very good people .

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9665

It didn't help that the Lightning driver was asleep at the wheel when the light turned green. I would bet there are more 10, 11 & 12 second Lightnings out there than there are 10, 11, & 12 second SRT-10s.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5e24d50...88000dedbb0.htm

z18zb2.jpg

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)

I hear you, but one of the reasons I bought my truck was that it already had all the tranny and rear end stuff you needed for a supercharger. It's all good...............

I really like the L's but You cant be serious when you say it had all the tranny and rear stuff that is needed? The rear .. Yea... the Tranny? NO WAY.. I have a handful of friends with lightnings from the last generation, all have a range of Mods.... EVERYONE except one has blew a Tranny! The one that hasn't blown up a trans. is the one that uses it for a Show truck... ( awesome black with blue pearl flames). One guy is in the bottom 12's and he goes through them left and right...or he did at least.. he sold the truck, and moved to Florida. I love the L's but... damn even they have tranny concerns...mods or not! IMO

I really like the L's but You cant be serious when you say it had all the tranny and rear stuff that is needed? The rear .. Yea... the Tranny? NO WAY.. I have a handful of friends with lightnings from the last generation, all have a range of Mods.... EVERYONE except one has blew a Tranny! The one that hasn't blown up a trans. is the one that uses it for a Show truck... ( awesome black with blue pearl flames). One guy is in the bottom 12's and he goes through them left and right...or he did at least.. he sold the truck, and moved to Florida. I love the L's but... damn even they have tranny concerns...mods or not! IMO

They hold up fine if you leave them stock. Mine is warrantied to 7 years and 75,000 miles, so Ford isn't that worried about them coming apart. They do need some work when you hit the bigger horsepower numbers that most Lightning owners are after, but for a stock truck with only minor mods it has held up just fine, and I flog it every time I get a chance that's safe.

i think most trannies hold up if you leave them stock but what is the fun in that?

Your right, mine has a CAI, a Predator tune and after market exhaust, but stock pullies, so it's a nice daily driver that I don't have to worry about. I've been on a few Lightning forums watching the other Lightning owners for a couple of years and once they start modifying their trucks they can't stop. They say the lightnings' are good for around 450-500 rwhp before you have to start worrying about the rods, but I'm happy with the way mine runs and that's all that matters. Below are a couple of links where the owners went beyond the normal mods.

http://media.putfile.com/chads980

http://video.lightningrodder.com/video/216...881000085ca.htm

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)

It didn't help that the Lightning driver was asleep at the wheel when the light turned green. I would bet there are more 10, 11 & 12 second Lightnings out there than there are 10, 11, & 12 second SRT-10s.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5e24d50...88000dedbb0.htm

z18zb2.jpg

I would have to say your wright the lighting has been out since 93 and the SRT10 since 2004 and they only produced around 7700 SRT 10's and I am not sure how many L but I would think there are more after market vendors for the L then the SRT10's hence our go fast cost more then yours.

Some body else will all ways be faster.

Cheers J.T.

I would have to say your wright the lighting has been out since 93 and the SRT10 since 2004 and they only produced around 7700 SRT 10's and I am not sure how many L but I would think there are more after market vendors for the L then the SRT10's hence our go fast cost more then yours.

Some body else will all ways be faster.

Cheers J.T.

The Generation II Lightning was produced for six years and they made around 30,000. I'm not knocking the SRT-10, as they are nice trucks, but if you compared the percentage of Lightning owners that have got down into those numbers verses the percentage of SRT-10 owners, I bet the Lightnings' have a higher percent. From what I've read on the SRT-10 forums, it not only takes some big bucks to get a SRT-10, it also takes big bucks to make them even faster. If I was a millionaire I would own a SSS and a SRT-10, but since I'm not, I picked the truck that was best suited for what I wanted. I still give SSS and SRT-10s a look when I see them, as to me they are nice trucks as well.