VOTE NOW - all members or sss owners only?

Holty

Vote for eligibility  

165 members have voted

1. 1. which trucks should be allowed?

• Silverado SS owners ONLY
    • Silverado SS's, VHO's, and VMAX's ONLY
    • All GM trucks including clones, tbss, etc

First I do not believe a Z28 and SS camero are the same thing just with a diff. spoiler, badging, hoods, and wheels. There is a totla package difference like for TA's the WS6 had diff. suspension set up as well. You can not just go buy a $100 ram air kit and call it a WS6. As for alot of people being against SSS only then why are the polls saying otherwise? My previous post was made out of a little fustration because it seemed to be turning into who can spend more $ on their trucks. If thats the case then lets see MY plane jane SSS cost me $31K and I have about $5K worth of mods so I have about $36K invested in my truck. I guess I could have went out and bought a single cab CHevy for $15K and dumped the other $21K into a motor and performance mods I guess that would have made me have a nicer truck in your view atleast. I am not a fan of over modding anything and in fact the only reason I have not done wheels and other stuff is because I like the look of the SSS as is. I mean everyone has an opinion on whats nice and more so than not I don't go with the crowd on that. I believe as well that maybe this shoould have been a no comment thread because as Kyle mentioned peole are starting to take this a little personal. I don't want any hard feelings with any body on here we all have opinions and they are never gonna be the same.

the Z and SS are same.. every nut and bolt are the same. the hood adds the air box and some SS had the optional catback. you can get a base model SS and it will be same as your Z

Ws6 had a suspension package but you could get a ram air Firebird. and the sway bar difference on Ws6 isnt much different if anything different then the TA suspension

badges add up alot of money to the price tag

its like any award if you dont buy into the market you wont get noticed. so keeping your truck fully stock would not get you noticed. and by dong that why even complain if someone put money ot get noticed

:withstupid:

the reason i bought my V-max instead of the silver SSS they had on the lot was because i cared more about performance off the bat. i could have spent $6k more and got the 2wd SSS, but i decided i'd use the savings to modify what basicaly comes out to the same truck, plus mine came with steeper gears so i would have a bonus to begin with. don't get me wrong i almost bought the SSS based on how sweet it looked, but then i realized i wouldn't have the freedom to change the look and stand out from the crowd, i like to be different so i chose to get the truck that i could add whatever look i wanted to.

back in 69 you could get a yenko with a 427 and all the trim, but for a little less you could get a copo camaro (central office production order) and it was the same minus the trim, and it's even rarer!.

everyone has stated how the SSS is in the lead for voting but thats because they made SSS's for 5-years the vho's were rare and limited, until 06 (V-max) so they only became mainstream then... and to be honest when i was searching for mine, i found a lot more SSS's then V-max's.

so yes were the minority but there are 3 options in the poles, and about 60% dis-agree with SSS only.

it's obvious the more close minded SSS guys are not wanting to compete with anything else,

but it was a natural thing to adopt are trucks as part of the site since they are realy the same, except for an appearance package and thats it!.

matter of fact at least when you bought an SS camaro you got 20hp and ram air over the Z28,

otherwise the suspension was the same as was everthing else.

are trucks are even closer then them!.

it would be a shame to not let the voting pick the winner, this pole should never have been brought up, it's just causing a debate.

when the truck of the month idea was broght up, they was discussion about this and it was decided that VHO-V-max were to be included.

i think "all worthy should be" but at the very least don't exclude your own brother! :chevy: lol

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the truth ... the most bitching I have seen in this thread has come from the non-SS's.

03-05 Silverdo Super Sports rule all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the rest are mere mortals compared to them.

To tell you the truth ... the most bitching I have seen in this thread has come from the non-SS's.

03-05 Silverdo Super Sports rule all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the rest are mere mortals compared to them.

now it's only AWD SSS's that are worthy, WOW!... this is'nt even worth responding to.

now it's only AWD SSS's that are worthy, WOW!... this is'nt even worth responding to.

Wait a second ... AWD and LEATHER .... lol

I guess the rest of us 2wd ss and vho's should just quit now then? :wtf:

TheGunny,

i like your sig, let's see the awd guys do that :thumbs:

before i get blasted, theres good and bad about both, when i realize how crappy the 60ft times are i'll wish i had awd, but when i wanna have some fun i'm glad i won't :D

p.s. i'm new here (been lurking for a while) been thinking about buying a sss or vmax before there are none left?... imo i think there the same except for looks, i'm just not sure if i want to look good first, or go fast with the savings and give it my own unique look?.

Edited by sport-truck (see edit history)

WAIT! does it count if I put leather on it after???!?!?!?!! :ughdance: :ughdance:

:uhoh:

First of all, let me add this.............

:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:X 5,000,000,000,000........................

Is it that serious guys? Who really cares who gets nominated or wins. It's not like you were expecting the prizes anyways. The way I see it, it's a PLUS if I win, not something expected. The way some of you guys talk, it seems like you already have plans for the prizes. :confused:

Get over it and just let the poll speak for itself. :sigh:

maybe since this is what comes up when you google silverado ss then this should be whats open for TOTM? :dunno:

SilveradoSS.com- The SS/VHO/Vortec Max Enthusiast ForumOnline community and message board dedicated to Silverado enthusiasts.

TheGunny,

before i get blasted, theres good and bad about both, when i realize how crappy the 60ft times are i'll wish i had awd, but when i wanna have some fun i'm glad i won't :D

p.s. i'm new here (been lurking for a while) been thinking about buying a sss or vmax before there are none left?... imo i think there the same except for looks, i'm just not sure if i want to look good first, or go fast with the savings and give it my own unique look?.

i am an exception i can also make smoke but it comes from 4 wheels.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

TheGunny,

i am an exception i can also make smoke but it comes from 4 wheels.

Which is pretty darn sick by the way :eek:

hey holty,

i have a question?, why was it changed, it was all set and done.. here are some of your qoutes from the other topic...

"This site is about SSS's and VHO's, so ONLY those types of trucks will be eligible for nomination"

"All trucks all members are included at this time unless a admin says otherwise"

"sorry if i wasn't clear guys, as of now, the contest is open to all members/vehicles. There is no more discussion on it the decision has been made"

"no, all members of this forum are eligible to be nominated"

so what was the reason for all of this?, the site's majority consist of SSS owner's, i would guess (correct me if i'm wrong?) that it's at least 75% SSS.

and to see only 40% showing SSS only, and 60% voting for it to be more liberal, well that just goe's to show everyone that there is even support for everyone else from those that own an SSS!.

i'm curious as to why the change of mind?.. did somebody complain?. everyone was ok with the decision before, you decided to make it a pole.

if there had to be a pole, the SSS only thing should not have been part of it imho, if that were the case and our trucks are so different, why do we have a subforum?, and why doe's it say.. The SS/VHO/Vortec Max Enthusiast Forum ??? the choices should have been between that or all.

my vote is for all, but the site would contradict it-self if it did'nt allow at the very least what it promote's it-self as! :smash:

Edited by 2006_superado (see edit history)

maybe since this is what comes up when you google silverado ss then this should be whats open for TOTM? :dunno:

SilveradoSS.com- The SS/VHO/Vortec Max Enthusiast ForumOnline community and message board dedicated to Silverado enthusiasts.

Wow ... I guess we celebrate all silverado's now ... bring on the v6's ... lol ... j/k

And technically if everyone wants to pull the "The SS/VHO/Vortec Max Enthusiast Forum" card

... you don't have to own one ... just be entusiastic about them ... so everyone is a winner.

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

im sort of losing interest here. this is becoming a whose dick is bigger contest between a few and not a fair representation of all i believe. whatever is decided im gonna support as hopefully that will reflect what the majority of members want.