VOTE NOW - all members or sss owners only?

Holty

Vote for eligibility  

165 members have voted

1. 1. which trucks should be allowed?

• Silverado SS owners ONLY
    • Silverado SS's, VHO's, and VMAX's ONLY
    • All GM trucks including clones, tbss, etc

Well there we have it ... only stock SSS's are options for this TOTM contest ... so tint , rims , and stereo mods are the only ones acceptable, everything else is tarnishing the image .... lol ....

well I suppose I should stop hijacking this thread ... it has been pretty fun though ... hey Holty ... when is the decision date?

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm I guess the new question is...Do you have to currently own the SS? Like can Big O put pics of his old SS? What about 26dub? I think he deserves a special reward

honestly most all SSS look the same. minus say chase and a few others. so woudlnt be much of apperance between all of winners. the clones help bring diversity to the voting polls. Imposter's truck is very well done to not be in the ruling. for him to be replaced by say a truck with just rims and tint would be unfair at all

i can go to the dealership and see some of them that are plain. now add verisity and you got some choices to be made

i actually voted for the clones to be included. hard work deserves to be recognized. even though you're not a clone its still a b.a. truck.

This mod question has me wanting to throw in my .02. Quick you seem to think the only mods worth acknowledgement are engine mods? What do engine mods show us exactly? So who has the fastest truck are the only ones worth mentioning. So I can have a plain jane run of the mill SSS but as long as I have a supercharger that you can not see in any other pic but an engine one then I am worthy? This isn't about the clones etc. etc. not having bad ass trucks I have acknowledged that they do but our point is the name of the site is SIlveradoSS.com not anypickup.com. All the other forums as I mentioned in a previous post stick to the forums name sake when it comes to feature pics and what not. They are not dissing on anyone it just a fact that I am not going to join a Harley davidson enthusiast site and expect my Yamaha to be a featured bike. Yeah my Yamaha may be able to smoke a Harley but so what; a Harley is a Harley and a Yamaha is a Yamaha no matter what you want to call it.

not trying to strat a big fight, but why are the mods even asking us to do this??? they never asked us if we wanted the site changed, so why are they asking about something small like this? i think they should just do it and get it done with, not "lets see what people say and have people turn on eachother", (becuase thats were its going to go). just do something and get the ball rolling, i dont even care what happens anymore i just would like to see it.

The truck of the month is a benifit for the members of this site right? So what if some of the members don't have an SS? If thats the case those who do not have an ss (sold or other) should not be able to vote on this topic by their own logic since it is SilveradoSS.com

:pop: I just like to argue :jester:

This mod question has me wanting to throw in my .02. Quick you seem to think the only mods worth acknowledgement are engine mods? What do engine mods show us exactly? So who has the fastest truck are the only ones worth mentioning. So I can have a plain jane run of the mill SSS but as long as I have a supercharger that you can not see in any other pic but an engine one then I am worthy? This isn't about the clones etc. etc. not having bad ass trucks I have acknowledged that they do but our point is the name of the site is SIlveradoSS.com not anypickup.com. All the other forums as I mentioned in a previous post stick to the forums name sake when it comes to feature pics and what not. They are not dissing on anyone it just a fact that I am not going to join a Harley davidson enthusiast site and expect my Yamaha to be a featured bike. Yeah my Yamaha may be able to smoke a Harley but so what; a Harley is a Harley and a Yamaha is a Yamaha no matter what you want to call it.

not just about engine mods. a SSS is a performance truck!!!! thus performance would be a positive point in judging....yes it might be a SSS site but there are more then one type of truck on this site. a SSS and VHO/Vmaxx are the same minus the cladding. anyone else that says other is in denial. like stated a SS and a Z28 are the same minus a wing, hood and wheels. so to eliminate them wouldnt be fair and would cause of alot of ppl to look away from this site. this is actually a bad idea singling out just one truck. you have others that probably would not preticipate as much as they do cause of that.

only the run of hte mill SSS owners are crying. got ahead and make it just SSS and see how boring it gets. hey i got an idea lets go to the dealership and have a truck of the month there...since thats what it will be...hey lets choose a red one today..ok lets choose a black one next month

heres another one what makes the SSS different then others? I had the trans from a SSS, i had the motor from a SSS and i have a rear from a SSS. so knowing i had the driveline and some other htings from a SSS where does that put me?......thats not a big deal the deal is if you leave out ppl with VHO/VMaxx and clones then youll get alot of ppl on this site against it...

either allow all or dont have a truck of the month....it would be pointless to have a site diticated only to VHO/Vmaxx when they are the same as a SSS. they categorize the trucks together elsewhere, why not here?

i deff sense now alot of ppl are intiminated by some...Imposter would deff win an award over majority of the SSS on here. i use him cause i can think of him easily since his truck stands out more then most

First I do not believe a Z28 and SS camero are the same thing just with a diff. spoiler, badging, hoods, and wheels. There is a totla package difference like for TA's the WS6 had diff. suspension set up as well. You can not just go buy a $100 ram air kit and call it a WS6. As for alot of people being against SSS only then why are the polls saying otherwise? My previous post was made out of a little fustration because it seemed to be turning into who can spend more $ on their trucks. If thats the case then lets see MY plane jane SSS cost me $31K and I have about $5K worth of mods so I have about $36K invested in my truck. I guess I could have went out and bought a single cab CHevy for $15K and dumped the other $21K into a motor and performance mods I guess that would have made me have a nicer truck in your view atleast. I am not a fan of over modding anything and in fact the only reason I have not done wheels and other stuff is because I like the look of the SSS as is. I mean everyone has an opinion on whats nice and more so than not I don't go with the crowd on that. I believe as well that maybe this shoould have been a no comment thread because as Kyle mentioned peole are starting to take this a little personal. I don't want any hard feelings with any body on here we all have opinions and they are never gonna be the same.

First I do not believe a Z28 and SS camero are the same thing just with a diff. spoiler, badging, hoods, and wheels. There is a totla package difference like for TA's the WS6 had diff. suspension set up as well. You can not just go buy a $100 ram air kit and call it a WS6. As for alot of people being against SSS only then why are the polls saying otherwise? My previous post was made out of a little fustration because it seemed to be turning into who can spend more $ on their trucks. If thats the case then lets see MY plane jane SSS cost me $31K and I have about $5K worth of mods so I have about $36K invested in my truck. I guess I could have went out and bought a single cab CHevy for $15K and dumped the other $21K into a motor and performance mods I guess that would have made me have a nicer truck in your view atleast. I am not a fan of over modding anything and in fact the only reason I have not done wheels and other stuff is because I like the look of the SSS as is. I mean everyone has an opinion on whats nice and more so than not I don't go with the crowd on that. I believe as well that maybe this shoould have been a no comment thread because as Kyle mentioned peole are starting to take this a little personal. I don't want any hard feelings with any body on here we all have opinions and they are never gonna be the same.

the Z and SS are same.. every nut and bolt are the same. the hood adds the air box and some SS had the optional catback. you can get a base model SS and it will be same as your Z

Ws6 had a suspension package but you could get a ram air Firebird. and the sway bar difference on Ws6 isnt much different if anything different then the TA suspension

badges add up alot of money to the price tag

its like any award if you dont buy into the market you wont get noticed. so keeping your truck fully stock would not get you noticed. and by dong that why even complain if someone put money ot get noticed

At first I was torn, it is after all SilveradoSS.com. But,

I really don't have much right to vote or debate this, I lurk too much and don't own any of the trucks mentioned. But I don't understand why everybody is all up in arms about change. Trucks get better, ideas get better, old trucks are still great, blah blah. SilveradoSS was created with only the SSS is mind but has taken on many friends. Those friends aren't the base of this site but are certainly a huge part of the site (and growing). Those friends ARE the trucks AND the people. Let whomever in. The voting for the featured truck will tell ALL, not this poll. Tis poll will just isolate some great people and great trucks form a great thing. That's the funny thing about people in masses, we always want to pride our "clicks" when the actual "click" was a bigger thing all along. Let it go. :chillpill: When the voting comes up for the featured truck, pick who YOU want to win. If you isolate the members who thought they were part of something great, the site will more than likely lose them in some way, shape, or form. My 1 cent (I only have(had) one cent to give. :happysad:

Ultimately, this should be Holtys decision. It's his idea and thread. It's nice to try and please everyone, but that ain't gonna happen. Some people are going to "take their ball and go home" no matter what decision is made. Arguments have been made for every opinion. Now you guys are arguing just for arguments sake. Holty, just make a decision and we'll all live with it. For better or for worse.

Ultimately, this should be Holtys decision. It's his idea and thread. It's nice to try and please everyone, but that ain't gonna happen. Some people are going to "take their ball and go home" no matter what decision is made. Arguments have been made for every opinion. Now you guys are arguing just for arguments sake. Holty, just make a decision and we'll all live with it. For better or for worse.

I agree, the only problem is that all the weight will be on him now. I say divide it up between the moderators admins and vendors and thats it no one knows who voted what.

And holty I am sorry I posted, at first everybody was keeping everything to themselves. Thanks again for doing this for us and we appreciate it, whatever happens

the Z and SS are same.. every nut and bolt are the same. the hood adds the air box and some SS had the optional catback. you can get a base model SS and it will be same as your Z

Ws6 had a suspension package but you could get a ram air Firebird. and the sway bar difference on Ws6 isnt much different if anything different then the TA suspension

badges add up alot of money to the price tag

its like any award if you dont buy into the market you wont get noticed. so keeping your truck fully stock would not get you noticed. and by dong that why even complain if someone put money ot get noticed

Maybe not noticed on here but I am always stared and and getting compliments on how sweet my stock SSS looks. Maybe that flies in the entire world wide market but where I am from I am noticed daily.

I agree ...

Edited by Big O (see edit history)