i was parrell parking into a spot the other day and didn't cut it hard enough and bent my front passenger side rim just a tad. :banghead: :banghead: it isn't really that noticable, but it kills me knowing it's there. its like a tick in my damn brain. anyone know a good way to bend it back or a place were i can take it?

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

Did you actually bend the rim, or just scrape it up a little? Are we talking about a stock 20" SS wheel, or something else?

If it's a bent stock rim, just buy a used take off from a member here. If it's scraped but not bad, you can sand it down smooth and repaint the bare area. Masking off the rest of the rim, it can be blended and hard to spot.

EDIT

I just saw that you have chrome stock 20's, so repair and rechroming might not be worth the expense. I would suggest buying a chrome takeoff from someone here that took theirs off.

Edited by pnblwzd (see edit history)

Did you actually bend the rim, or just scrape it up a little? Are we talking about a stock 20" SS wheel, or something else?

If it's a bent stock rim, just buy a used take off from a member here. If it's scraped but not bad, you can sand it down smooth and repaint the bare area. Masking off the rest of the rim, it can be blended and hard to spot.

EDIT

I just saw that you have chrome stock 20's, so repair and rechroming might not be worth the expense. I would suggest buying a chrome takeoff from someone here that took theirs off.

i would make it a spare

Send it to me. I will send it to WheelTechnologies up in Dallas and get it all fixed up for you. $120 plus shipping. Once it getes here it will take them 2 days to fix it and get it looking brand new and I will ship in back to you.

the bend is very small and hardly noticable. i'm not going to buy a whole new rim just for that. i'm sure i can find someone here to get er done, but if not, i will definetly consider sending it to red03sillss to have it done. i might have to take you up on that offer.

The trouble with repairing a chromed aluminum wheel, is that they have to dip the wheel in acid to remove the old chrome prior to rechroming it after the repair is made. The acid causes pitting in the aluminum, which will show through after the new chrome is finished. Thas is what happened to me when having a Niche aluminum wheel repaired/rechromed after the wife curbed it, which is why I suggested getting a used takeoff - plus a chrome 20 isn't very expensive...