03 predater programmer with updated SS program

faceliftedss

Custom tunes are great if you live near the guy thats doing the tune or have have someone that can load it, but it just dont work so good

if you cant load it.

I have the same diablo for my SS and for $235 you cant go wrong, made a huge diff for mine it now has a great mid power on the freeway

which sucked before. Just my $.02

You dont load a custom tune although if you have the software you can. It is a simple PCM swap and most tuners have an extra PCM so you have no truck down time except for the 15 minutes needed to swap out PCM's and you will never get out of a handheld what you can get from a custom tune.

let him sell his programmer guys!

Excuse me OK for now on we will all let newbies as I was once one and didnt know any better waste their money on something that will only do a half ass job compared to a handheld for usually more money than a tune. Soory for helping someone not make a dumb descision when there is a better option. Wouldn't you want to know?

Excuse me OK for now on we will all let newbies as I was once one and didnt know any better waste their money on something that will only do a half ass job compared to a handheld for usually more money than a tune. Soory for helping someone not make a dumb descision when there is a better option. Wouldn't you want to know?

thats not the point at all. your hijacking him. if you had something used to sell and i came in and said "hey maybe u should buy my (fill in the blank cause its better and cheaper) that wouldnt be very nice or fair would it?

i posted awhile back in another members for sale ad about his price being too high and honestly that was dumb of me. what i think has no bearing and shouldnt on his ability to sell such item. period.

if someone (newbie) was smart they would do there own research to find out which is better.

thats not the point at all. your hijacking him. if you had something used to sell and i came in and said "hey maybe u should buy my (fill in the blank cause its better and cheaper) that wouldnt be very nice or fair would it?

i posted awhile back in another members for sale ad about his price being too high and honestly that was dumb of me. what i think has no bearing and shouldnt on his ability to sell such item. period.

if someone (newbie) was smart they would do there own research to find out which is better.

maybe your right. BUT next time I should just PM the person. I have tried to sell a Hypertech programmer on here myself only to have people do what I did and did i get pissed? No because I knew what was the better option and honestly if you have never heard of a custom tune which I have not until a month or so into this site how would you know what to search for? I would never have bought a hand held if someone had told me what I told him so now I have paid for something I don't use/need. This site is about gathering info and helping others and that is all I wasa trying to do.

• 2 weeks later...

well i have not checked on this for a while didn't realize the arguement. my .02 is it is the handheld is a lot less hassle and you get good results with a handheld there are various problems that sometimes happen with a tuned pcm, i have seen many go back and have to be retuned. i would keep the handheld but i have to have a custom tune so... it is still availible for 235 shipped! hell of a price. thanks fellas and you don't have to buy a spare pcm or leave your truck not running for a week or so while you wait for your pcm to return.

I have a Diablo Sport hand held flash programmer for sale too! It will fit any 2003 GM series vehicle (truck or suv) with a V8. I used it on my Silverado SS and it worked great. Here is a link to Diablo's website to this specific product for more info:

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?modul...play&pid=66

Contact me at [email protected] for questions or information. Serious inquires only please.

you don't have to buy a spare pcm or leave your truck not running for a week or so while you wait for your pcm to return.

Like I said before you can can have a custom tune and buy a new PCM for $15 more so there is no truck not running for a week. I know your trying to sell this because I have one I would like to get off my hands as well but come on lets not be dramatic. The longest my truck was down was the 15 minute swap which is about the same amount of time it took me to run my handheld on my truck.

you miss understood me. most tuning places ask about 150 for a new pcm and some people don't need a spare so they send theirs off and their truck is down for the shipping period. i just don't understand why your being one sided on the issue especially if you are trying to sell one as well. a pcm tune is not 100% the way to go for all people.

I am only onesided because I have used both and from personal experience and asking others on this site a handheld is no where near the ability to unlock your trucks potential as a custom tune. The custom tune touches paramters than handhelds do not. handhelds are very restrictive in what they do. Do they work? Sure but for the price of a handheld vs. the price of a tune IMO its a no brainer to go with a custom tune. I saw more out of my truck with my custom tunes than I ever saw out of my handheld thats all.