Whats the best way to do a 2/2 drop?

I am seriously thinking about doing a 2/2 drop when I put my new 22's on,wasn't going too until I saw stiff1's truck and the stance looked awesome. Now I need to know what is the best way to do a 2/2 drop. I have found numerous different kits but I don't seem to hear too many good things about the torsion keys,and wasn't sure if they made spindles for our truck or not. I just want a good ride/alignment to go along with the look.

Sorry guys I guess this should have been in suspension huh :banghead:

I did some searching and I was still left with a few questions.The only spindles I saw were Mcgaughy's,and I was sure I had heard that guys were having issue's with their product's :dunno: I have been here a long time and usually read more than I post,I just wanted a general consensus on what everyone thought was their favorite as far as ride and drivability,that way I can order the right parts the first time, and know what I'm getting myself into with each part.I could google lowering kits but thats not going to give me any personal feelings about a product.

PIMP SS uses Mcgaughy's and as far as I know he has never complained about them and his truck sits perfect. I beleive it was droppped 2/3.5 or 2/4 but it looks good.

Hopefully he'll chime in,this is the kind of stuff I am looking for.

I did a 2/2 using spindles and shackles and wasn't satisfied. So i took out the shackles and installed the 3" leaf packs. I also swapped out all shocks to the Nitro Active's from Belltech.

Now the truck sits like it's supposed to, and the ride is just as good, if not better than stock. The shocks really make a difference.

I did a 2/2 using spindles and shackles and wasn't satisfied. So i took out the shackles and installed the 3" leaf packs. I also swapped out all shocks to the Nitro Active's from Belltech.

Now the truck sits like it's supposed to, and the ride is just as good, if not better than stock. The shocks really make a difference.

Thanks outsource,I saw the belltech stuff and the leafpacks @ stylinconcepts,I will definately keep them in mind.

sounds exactly like my story to a tee.

Thanks outsource,I saw the belltech stuff and the leafpacks @ stylinconcepts,I will definately keep them in mind.

just an fyi, summits usually cheaper than stylin. they dont ding you for as much handling charge.

AllBallz,

I'm getting ready to do the same thing. I just want it dropped a little to make the stance alot sharper. Everything I have found says to go with the Belltech Nitro shocks for sure though

just an fyi, summits usually cheaper than stylin. they dont ding you for as much handling charge.

I live 2 miles from stylin's warehouse and I get 25% off :thumbs:

yeah ive got mcgauhys 2/3.5 spindles shackles and hangers since i put on the new shocks and removed the bump stop brackets the truck rides awesome and does not bottom out any more.i had to use nitro active shocks in front and toxic shocks in back.the nitro active shocks were too short in the back so i had to send them back and get toxics the front ones were great so i just left them

post-6481-1173320814.jpg

post-6481-1173320833_thumb.jpg

post-6481-1173320840_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimp ss (see edit history)