What kind of camera do you have?

12'SROCK

i've got a cyber-shot DSC-T10 i really like the picture quality. it is a 7.2 mega pixel. large display. video recording. im really happy with it. it was around 350-400 bucks. you do have to buy a memory stick if it doesn't come with one.

Stay away from Sony!!!! I must see 10-15 a week in for repair. Sony makes it almost impossible for you to get them repaired. MUST go to Sony for anything. Their line is that they will put it back to factory specs 100% or nothing. To the tune of $150.00--$200.00 for anything. I'm even talking about replacing battery cover doors. ( a $10.00 part). :banghead: Also, you're looking at 6-8 weeks minimum turn around time. Kodak is not much better. Faster on the turn around but about the same on the prices.

Take a look at the Panasonic cameras. 5.0 meg or better. They have Leica lenses in them. Leica doesn't make anything bad. Great lens. :thumbs: Get as much OPTICAL zoom as you can. Digital zoom doesn't mean a thing. waste of money. You can do the same thing on your computer. Canon, Pentax and Olympus also make some nice cameras. Fuji is so-so from the ones I've seen.

Features and models are a personal choice. Figure out what you're more likely to take pics of and look for one that has the features YOU need.

Personally, I've switched to Nikon DSLR (digital single lens reflex) but thats a little pricey for most peoples taste. If you need more info. pm me and I'll try to help where I can.

I also have switched over to DSLR with my Nikon D40. I had a point and shoot Sony (Cybershot) and it sucked to put it nicely. Anything that moved in front of it was blurry and the pause it has to take pics also sucks! It was very good at taking pics of my SSS while it was sitting there. :shakehead: As time went on and I had my daughter, I knew I had to do something so I stepped up. They are a bit expensive, but well worth it once you get the hang of the features.

I have always been an Olympus fan. I will say, however, that more than megapixels, you should look at the size of the objective lens. The larger the objective lens, the more light is gathered and the colors are more vivid. These new 7.1 megapixel cameras with a 3/8" diameter objective lens will not give you as fine a picture as a 2.1 megapixel camera with a 1.5" diameter objective lens.

Mike

I have a Canon Powershot SD450 and its 5 mega pixel and optical zoom. We love it the megapixels are what cost money and unless your a professional and planning on Blowing up the pics to be real big you can not tell the difference in my camera and say a 7 megapixel. I have seen 4 x 6" pics, which are what most people take, made by higher megapixel cameras personaly and could not tell the diff. in those and mine. My camera was a little under $300 BUT I bought my mom a Powershot for her B-day and it was a 7 pixel with a printer for $300 at Walmart.com thats the only reason I bought the 7 is because of the package deal.

I have a Canon PowerShot A640. 10 megapixels. I love it. Makes me look like a decent photographer, which I'm not. I paid about $329 on amazon.com. I added a 1GB memory card too. Compare the specs of the cameras suggested.

I have the Canon Rebel XTi SLR Digital Camera 10.1 mega pixels. As you can see from my signiture it can snap pictures on after the other fast. I love the camera it takes awsome pictures!!

It was $699 at Costco. Lifetime warranty there as long as you have your reciept. You can return any eletronics for any reason, even to upgrade it to a newer product. Thats what I did with my Canon XT.

post-8750-1173401000_thumb.jpg

i have a kodak p850 5.1 mp.. 12x optical zoom.2 gig memory card

takes really good pics.. i have some great sunrise pics.

i also have a minolta ae7000 35mm with a 50x270 zoom but dont use it much anymore.

My camera is a few years old, but it takes great photos. It is a Nikon CoolPix2000, something like 2.1 megapixels. I know there is newer and better cameras out there, but how can you beat getting a camera and all of the hardware plus something like 6 or 7 different size compact flash cards for $50 from a friend? :cool:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Stay away from Sony!!!! I must see 10-15 a week in for repair. Sony makes it almost impossible for you to get them repaired. MUST go to Sony for anything. Their line is that they will put it back to factory specs 100% or nothing. To the tune of $150.00--$200.00 for anything. I'm even talking about replacing battery cover doors. ( a $10.00 part). :banghead: Also, you're looking at 6-8 weeks minimum turn around time. Kodak is not much better. Faster on the turn around but about the same on the prices.

Take a look at the Panasonic cameras. 5.0 meg or better. They have Leica lenses in them. Leica doesn't make anything bad. Great lens. :thumbs: Get as much OPTICAL zoom as you can. Digital zoom doesn't mean a thing. waste of money. You can do the same thing on your computer. Canon, Pentax and Olympus also make some nice cameras. Fuji is so-so from the ones I've seen.

Features and models are a personal choice. Figure out what you're more likely to take pics of and look for one that has the features YOU need.

Personally, I've switched to Nikon DSLR (digital single lens reflex) but thats a little pricey for most peoples taste. If you need more info. pm me and I'll try to help where I can.

Boy I sure hope that doesn't hold true for me, I just bought a Sony DSC-H5. :banghead:

• 6 months later...