confused

Im really confused. My friend and i are getting ready to do a cam and valve spring swap on the truck. From what ive read you dont need to pull the intake off but from people that ive talked to that have done this on other chevy engines say you have to pull it off. Are the rods from thunder racing or the wooden dowls that you slide in a way to keep from pulling the intake off or what not. Could somebody help me out on that? thank you

only reason you would pull the intake for is if your going to pull the heads. which woul dbe needed for a lifter swap. there are ways you can keep them from falling though. one way is pressurize the cylinder with a leak down tester.

only reason you would pull the intake for is if your going to pull the heads. which woul dbe needed for a lifter swap. there are ways you can keep them from falling though. one way is pressurize the cylinder with a leak down tester.

This is one way to keep the valves from falling when you change the springs. to keep the lifters from falling you can get 1/4" rods and slide then in from the front of the motor and they will hold the lifters while you pull the cam out. or you can do like alot and pull the pushrods out and spin the cam and the lifters will usually stay up on their own . but thats always a risk.

To keep the lifters from falling you can get 1/4" rods and slide then in from the front of the motor and they will hold the lifters while you pull the cam out. or you can do like alot and pull the pushrods out and spin the cam and the lifters will usually stay up on their own . but thats always a risk.

...Usually. One slipped on mine :shakehead:

I like the rope trick someone else posted for the valves as well. Just feed some 1/4 inch rope into the spark plug hole until full. Never tried it but makes perfect sense.

To keep the lifters from falling you can get 1/4" rods and slide then in from the front of the motor and they will hold the lifters while you pull the cam out. or you can do like alot and pull the pushrods out and spin the cam and the lifters will usually stay up on their own . but thats always a risk.

...Usually. One slipped on mine :shakehead:

I like the rope trick someone else posted for the valves as well. Just feed some 1/4 inch rope into the spark plug hole until full. Never tried it but makes perfect sense.

not unless you have a limp rope :jester: