Condensation on Line of Fire LED light bar

I installed an led light bar from Stylin Concepts and am now plagued with condensation the full length of the bar. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions besides buying a new one and sealing the ends with silicone before I reinstall? By the way, having problem with StylinConcepts web site today when trying to see if they will accept a return.

I installed an led light bar from Stylin Concepts and am now plagued with condensation the full length of the bar. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions besides buying a new one and sealing the ends with silicone before I reinstall? By the way, having problem with StylinConcepts web site today when trying to see if they will accept a return.

Sounds to me like you may have a crack in it somewhere. :dunno:

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same one on my truck. I have to send mine back for the 3rd time. First time I got water in it some how. I sent it back and they sent me a brand new one. Those bars have a life time warranty on them. Second one they sent me, about a 6inch section is burnt out and its not even 2 days old. Called Stylin Concepts and there sending me a new one again.

Condensation is a common problem with LED lighting. We have problems with our customers police and fire dept. lightbars, the LED's normally do not produce enough heat to burn off condensation within the housing...Some manufacturers have vent areas for larger LED's (that do produce heat) but this normally makes the condensation worse.

Depending on the size of LED in your lightbars, and IF it has a vent, I would try to seal with silicone. The smaller LED's will not create enough heat to warrant a vent. But if they are the larger (1 watt) LED's or have a magnifier in front of them, you may want to check with the manufacturer before sealing....Jason

• 3 weeks later...

As luck would have it, I ordered another unit from Stylin Concepts so I could return the defective one in the new shipping tube. When the new one came in, I quickly installed, only to find out that the right half of the light bar did not work :confused: !

Ended up returning both of them for credit. Does anyone have a link to another brand of Line of Fire LED lights I can check out?