thinking about selling my 48

Chevcup47

ok ive been kicking this around for awhile. figured id ask some real car and truck people to see what they say so here i go .....what i have is a 1948 chevy sedan. mustang 2 front end all new bushings,balljoints,rotors,calipers and manual rack. all new sheat metal and supports in floors. new rear leaf spring kit and nova rear end.all new daulphin guages billet dash inserts. small block chevy and turbo 350 tranny and so much chrome and billet under the hood i cant start to list. rear finders are welded to body and filled. almost all the really hard stuff done just needs to be given some t.l.c. and painted or just drive it like it is. its alot of fun but i just seam not to have any time to spend on it or with it due to me racing. what should i do just leave it parked in the garage or sell it ? heres a couple of pictures of what it looks like right now.

post-9619-1173574831_thumb.jpg

post-9619-1173574844_thumb.jpg

if you need money sell it, but if not keep it, i rember working on one with my uncle a 69 dodge dart. it was a complete resto. i was like 7-8 years old hellping him, and thats when i first got into cars. we brought to every show and always one first place. then it sat for a while so he decided to sell it. now he is kicking himself for doing it. so hold on to it for a little longer imo

I would hate to sell a car if i did all the hard work to its and its nearly done,the question is do need the money or would it just be a plus?,do you have a place to properly store it?.I saw finish it and drive it on nice weekends,holidays,find a classic car insurrer and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I am with everyone else and that unless you need the money you should keep it. You have done all of the hard work on it and have it looking really good. IMO you are down to the easy part and all you need is a little more time and you won't be racing forever.

its nothing like i need the money and i do have a 26x32 heated and a/c garage it usually is in. ive got storage insurance on it right now and have a really good agent with state farm when its on the road. its just taht i built it to be driven and the last time it was out was aug of 2005 when i had it in Evansville indiana for the frog follies. its sat long enough that i now need to buy a new gas tank before taking it anywhere due to the seam is now leaking. i just hate to think ill be like some of the people we all see that has something stored away and never lets it see the road again. just kicking around a few ideas and taking in info on it before doing something dumb like i did with my 46 coupe i had. thanks for the opinions and advice i really value you guys with your wisdom and help. ill take some pics of the motor and inside in the morning and post them so everyone can see them also. heck maby i can get some ideas on other stuff to maby do some time on it. thanks again Dale

If i do decide to sell i will for sure post it on here first. ive already sold one i regret so im thinking this one over really good before jumping to a decision. thanks for all the good comments on it guys makes all the work feel worth it for sure ........... :thumbs: