Maybe somewhat of a newbie question?

Hey all I was just wondering if it is possible to disconnect the front drive shaft in our trucks to drop it to a 2 wheel drive for summer fun? Now I know some of u r gonna say y do that when u can get better jump off the line with AWD, but I was just wondering if it was possible to do, maybe have a little fun with smoke? I didn't know if this could be done?

i heard it can be done since some do it for dynoing but i have heard horror stories. that it messes up the front diff. some say they have problem with it for 50 miles some have dynod liked that over 50 pulls. so i dont think its a good idea.. dont want to need to get a new front diff just so you can smoke up tires for a little bit

Yea I wasn't sure, course my front diff is toast anyways, shes got a case of the grawls, I bought a new one, I just need to put it in, then rebuild the old for a spare.

Removing the front shaft does nothing to the front diff. It's the transfer case that will be damaged. There is a viscous coupler in the TC, that splits the torque front to rear. It will damage the coupler if operated without the front shaft in place.