Help the new guy please...

Tman813

Ok guys, I have been reading this site for months now and I really do enjoy some of your post. I have had my 03 SS since it was new and all I have done was add a flowmaster muffler with the stock tip. I have to say that the sound gets me compliments all the time because it is very unique. Anyway this week I finally bought Hypertechs Programmer with 180 Thermostat, Throttle body spacer, and Cold air injection. After installing everything and using the programmer I received a DTC code(P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem). I have NO clue what that means. When the engine light comes on the shift points change. It holds lower gears longer, shifts with a shove and then doesn't down shift after slowing to turn resulting in lugging of the engine. Also sucking alot more gas and rough idle. I think it may be the Mass Air Flow sensor but since it is $200 plus I don't want to by it if it won't fix it. Please rescue me.

One other question is that my front end has a loose feeling in it that the dealer can't seem to feel when I have taken it to them. Sometimes it fill like the steering rods are loose or the driver side spindle is about to pop loose. It happens when traveling down bumpy roads or taking long turns. Anyone that can shed light on this would be greatly appreciated. Now, I have to try to vote the girlie boy off American Idol. Later Guys.

Welcome :cheers:

I don't have any answers for you ... maybe inspect for any vacuum leaks downstream of the MAF sensor. Try using some spray clean on the MAF? If you are using a KN filter ... sometimes they get over oiled and it fouls up the screen. Check to make sure it is hooked up good and solid? just throwing ideas out .. someone with some wrench time will chime in soon ... be patient.

Put the stock intake on and see if it goes away. If not then its probably the MAF sensor.

For the steering problem, It's a very common problem with chevy trucks. Feels like the steering wheel is clunking huh?

Well theres lot of threads about it.

Just hit that search button. Search steering column clunk or something. You'll find one.

Edited by Z4pp (see edit history)

Thanks guys, I have bought a MAF cleaner and soaked it a couple of times over. Also cleaned the intake with a cleaner for it before adding the new mods. I have driven it around for 2 weeks now even taking it to the beach for the weekend which is a couple hrs. drive one way and have yet to have the engine light come on all though it still gives the code. Last night I finally straight piped it using the stock tip which gives it a nice tone at full rev with that aluminum end on it. I am really happy with the performance of the truck so far with my added mods so far but am very anxious to make some major changes like supercharger and cam. It is really my toy, I don't drive it everyday so I am eager to really start building it into the monster it should be. I appreciate the advise, I am going to read every thread on this page and will definitely looking to you guys for more info. Thanks again.