E-bay Scams

Krambo

Well I sold my Typhoon on E-bay and I received 11 FAKE e-mails / E-bay messages trying to get information from me. Bullsh*t!!! The most convincing one was a guy with a "legit" E-bay account that sent me a message (through E-bay) saying he "Bought-it-now" and it did not register. He had a link in his message to my auction asking me to make sure he is doing it right. I clicked on the link and it was the My-E-bay sign in page asking me for my name and password. Nice try. I did a net reference to the site and it has already been confirmed that the spoof site doesn't belong to E-bay. :icon_bs:

The others were all fake E-bay pages that showed my auction closed due to a Buy-it-now and to sign in and arrange payments / shipping. I'll admit, the pages were really well done with not one broken link.

Guys, just be careful when doing a transaction on E-bay. Especially when it is a large ticket item. :smash: