Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

CNE

OK, So we had another track open tonight for the season. First time running there in my SS. 127 vehicles running. Crazy right? So, I get up beside a Duramax Sierra with an Edge programmer and a seperate Bully Dog handheld. I'm thinking, this is gonna be close. My best run so far is a 9.07 with a 1.98 60ft. We leave and mine sort of bogs down, 9.57 with a 2.13 60ft. I'm like WTF? I still beat him but not by much. We try again after he did some programming (he was previously trying to stack the programs somehow and use them both but it didn't work), I ran a 9.75 with a 2.20 60ft. Still bogging out of the hole. I'm pissed by now and embarrassed because he got me that time. I quit running and just watched for a while, then left. He said he had run a best before of 9.08 with a 1.77 60ft. Pretty good for 9,000lbs. Anyway, I drive 30 minutes back home, and pull in the driveway, I notice the AC is on. DOH!!! Would it really have made that much difference? The compressor really should have cut off a WOT but the airflow through the hot condenser didn't help any. Oh by the way, beware of this new Jeep SUV thing. Not sure what it is, looks like a Cherokee, or something like that. One was running 8.70's tonight off the floor.

It has been a long time since I had a stock tune but I believe that the A/C will shut off at a predetermined RPM at WOT and come back on at a lower RPM. I want to say it is like 4k RPM's off and on. I have mine go off a little sooner. :driving:

As I think about it, I am sure that this is programmed from the factory...