Pacesetter LT's

ssaman

after i bought my headers from jet-hot they sent me two seperate packages. one was info on the coating which included a video, mag, and flyer which stated and proved that info. and the second package was of course my headers. whats with the "big head" attitude lately?

hey wody,

i apoligize if i came off a bit offensive, i did'nt mean it that way :thumbs: it's just a lot of people seem to go by just what others say, and thats not always the truth. i don't like when people are misinformed about anything, it could cause them to make a decision that otherwise is'nt right. this forum is what led me to every decision on my truck (as far as performance) because i researched it all, but i took the accumulation of it all and formed a decision on what made more sense, not just what one or the other said. if jet hot has the research and you got it directly from them then i guess it doe's make a difference. i do a lot of research on anything before i buy it just to make sure i get whats the best choice for my money. this is the first time i heard that, but i guess thats cause no one ever mentioned it.

when you got your headers were the inside tubes and collecter just as "shiney" as the outside?... or was it sprayed in there but not as "shiney". the reason i ask is mine have coating inside but not as heavy or reflective as outside. did they say it made a HUGE difference, or was it minimal?. let me know.

thanks. :cheers:

The pics of them don't show the flange to bolt up the exhaust pipe. Is it on there, or are they a clamp/weld fit?

yes they are a clamp weld fit. but i'm having mine made into a completely interchangable system, so i'll be able swap it back if needed. so you could add the flange if you wanted.

I called jet-hot last week looking to get my pacesetters. As of Jan. 1 2007 they have had a price increase to $575.00 for the pacesetters :banghead:, and $28 for shipping. I guess I should have bought them last year.

BYUNSPEED has them listed at $374.99 on sale again, thats what i paid for mine shipped :)

heres the link if anyone is interested. :thumbs:

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_info.php?...88af9699c599935

click the jet hot tech link i left up there. the coating on the inside was dull.

it looks like they claim about 10 hp, in certian applications im sure.

i just took some pics of mine can you tell me if it looks the same as yours?.

thanks wody.

post-8665-1174590086_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1174590092_thumb.jpg

will the Pacsetters with the 3" Pacesetter Y-pipe bolt up to my factory system on my 06'5.3L Estended Cab Shorth Box 2WD or should i just bolt up the headers and drive uncapped :driving: to the Muffler shop for my high flow cats and Y-Pipe. Its about a 5 mile drive but i am worried about damaging something with them uncapped. I know i'm gonna throw a SES code for the Cats and the rear O2 but i will only be going a few miles.

I'd love to run without cats but i need someone to tell me if i am gonna have inspection problems in Texas???

very similar.

well i was realy exited for a minute thinking i got over on them, but being me i had to know for sure... so i called pacesetter and asked them if there "armor-coat" was inside and out like jet hot.. they responded with "line of sight" meaning they spray inside but just as far as it will reach so there is no coat in the middle of the tubes, so still not bad. there price was $664.xx so byunspeed's price is still great imo, there not 100% coated like jet-hot but 75% is still good for a $225 savings.

you only paid $460.xx or so that was worth the extra $75 more then i paid, but not $225 at least to me it is'nt.

pacestter also told me they recommend using a band clamp instead of a flange, so i'm going to ask my muffler shop what that will change in cost if i go that route instead.

will the Pacsetters with the 3" Pacesetter Y-pipe bolt up to my factory system on my 06'5.3L Estended Cab Shorth Box 2WD or should i just bolt up the headers and drive uncapped :driving: to the Muffler shop for my high flow cats and Y-Pipe. Its about a 5 mile drive but i am worried about damaging something with them uncapped. I know i'm gonna throw a SES code for the Cats and the rear O2 but i will only be going a few miles.

I'd love to run without cats but i need someone to tell me if i am gonna have inspection problems in Texas???

You will need cats. Harris county is an emissions county, so it will not pass with out them.

how much will a Y-pipe with cats run me??? would it be cheaper to go with a Y-pipe frme pacesetter and have it modified so it flows better or can a competent shop make a decent one
If you go to a good muffler shop they should be able to do hi flow cats, and all the fab work for a decent price. Shouldn't be a problem.

I think thats what I'm going to do. Gonna install the pacesetters the night before I got to the shop, lol I'll just run open headers down to the shop. just gotta lay off of it as to not attract every cop in Texas. But I'm just going to have them weld the cats / maganflow muffler dual in dual out. Anything i should worry about running open headers? except for some codes for the O2s. And does anyone get any codes for running pacesetters and highflow cats?