idle isnt right

When my truck gets close to being warmed up completely and is completely at normal operating tempature it seems like its missing. I can watch the rpms bounce on the gauge. With vcm scanner i saw that they were actually bouncing from anywhere of 569 to 620 at idle im pretty sure this is a big range. First thing i did was switch back to my stock plug wires. I was thinking maybe a spark plug somewhere but not sure how to check to see which one without pulling them all out. Looking for some help here. I am going in to get power steering pump line replace on thursday and maybe i should tell them about this as well

Cleaned out the gunk in the tb and tb spacer, the truck still has a wierd idle when almost the running temp all to the running temp. When i have a cold start and isnt warmed up completely the truck idles great. I think this is because of the higher rpms for cold starts. Should i raise my idle rpm's or start searching for other problems?

Almost sounds like a fuel issue ...

Cold requires more fuel to idle smooth, warm less. Also, the PCM would be looking at the O2 sensors once warm as a reference for fuel control, vs. not using them during cold running.

How is the performance while driving during various throttle conditions? Light throttle, medium throttle, heavy throttle, etc.?

Also, snap throttle ... w/ and w/o load. Run smooth?

Almost sounds like a fuel issue ...

Cold requires more fuel to idle smooth, warm less. Also, the PCM would be looking at the O2 sensors once warm as a reference for fuel control, vs. not using them during cold running.

How is the performance while driving during various throttle conditions? Light throttle, medium throttle, heavy throttle, etc.?

Also, snap throttle ... w/ and w/o load. Run smooth?

Runs fine while im driving it

did you try and replace your gas filter, or dose the 05 even have one? also try checking your air filter. I also had i slighty rough idle and i ended up rasining the idle target speed by 25 rpms and it smooth the idle up alot.

I just changed the air filter about 30 miles ago. i have a aem brute force intake and have two filters now so i can clean one and give it plenty of time to dry while still be able to drive truck. Fuel filter is in the tank for an 05 if i remember correctly. I better put my stock tune back on and talk to the dealer about it on thursday

Runs fine while im driving it

I just changed the air filter about 30 miles ago. i have a aem brute force intake and have two filters now so i can clean one and give it plenty of time to dry while still be able to drive truck. Fuel filter is in the tank for an 05 if i remember correctly. I better put my stock tune back on and talk to the dealer about it on thursday

I was having a rough idle and performance issues and when I pulled the OEM plugs I found the gap anywhere from .025 to .035. I installed new plugs gapped to .040 (per spec for my engine) and it runs smooth and strong now.

• 2 months later...

New guy here in Ottawa. I picked up a Victory Red SS with 75K on it in May. It has been great. I installed a K&N 77 Series and some new plugs a couple days ago. I installed CTC Bosch plugs as per the look up and they were scrap. I went and got the AC 41-985 and gapped them at .040. I am still having the idle issued anytime cold or hot. I cleaned the maf and the TB when I put the AC plugs in and went for a good drive it seemed to get better but it will stumble when cold, hot and the tack needle jumps all over, in fact it stalled in reverse once on me. I am lost at this point.

New guy here in Ottawa. I picked up a Victory Red SS with 75K on it in May. It has been great. I installed a K&N 77 Series and some new plugs a couple days ago. I installed CTC Bosch plugs as per the look up and they were scrap. I went and got the AC 41-985 and gapped them at .040. I am still having the idle issued anytime cold or hot. I cleaned the maf and the TB when I put the AC plugs in and went for a good drive it seemed to get better but it will stumble when cold, hot and the tack needle jumps all over, in fact it stalled in reverse once on me. I am lost at this point.

have you checked your MAF sensor. i had kinda the same issue, and the maf was dirty mainly from the oil off of the k&n air filter. worth a shot, they need to be cleaned every once in a while anyway.