For those of you using synthetic fluids

for all using syn fluids such as amsoil, royal purple, or mobile 1- a slight improvement is felt by switching from dextron III to a synthetic fluid. however, when i switched mine, i not only noticed no drop in operating temperature, but my shifts became weaker (stock and with shift kit). so i put dextron III back in, and it got even sloppier. months later, i saw a box of dextron VI. i had no idea there was a VI, i thought i was reading it wrong. turns out it recently came out and is in late model 06 and all 07 65e's and larger. thats what i originally had, and i can tell you as a performance nut and a mechanic that it is FAR better than synthetic, and cheaper. i just changed my royal purple to the dex VI when i put the yank in, and wow..... MUCH smoother shifts and lower temps.

so anybody not running it, GET TO IT!!!! :driving:

dextron VI is just a replacement for III that is 100% improvement in all aspects or more (i have the specs somewhere arround here). its not necesarily required in our trucks, but GM recomends it and it came in all vehicles as of late 06 and forward. however, the 6L85e in the corvette, the version of that in the 07 escalade and denalis, the allison, and the 5-speeds in the V6 cars require it. they will all run III, but its not a very good idea. it will kill the lifespan on the trans.

:withstupid: thats what I run in mine and I like it but I have not run any synthetics except for my motor oil.

Same here. I have not run any type of synthetic execpt in my motor oil as well. Along with a K&N oil filter of course!! :crackup: