I Quit! I Quit! I Quit!

Stitches040

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats man - can't have you coughing, gasping, and wheezing kicking doors in :jester:

Yeah ... that's why in Mass. most of us Chew ... Smoking Tobacco is against the law for anyone appointed to Police, Fire or EMS after July 1988. Became a state law. If I have a Drug or Alcohol problem, they have to give me help. If they catch me smoking cigarette or cigar, I can be fired on the spot.

Congrats man, I was up in Tenn a few weeks ago doing some volunteer work. I tried it up there...kinda disgusting. But anyways I met a guy there and he used to chew....the guy had NO JAW. It was a metal brace that held it all in place.

So please for the sake of yourself Hang in there, and I am sure you will continue on! :thumbs:

Good Job!! Wish I could quit Skoal....I used Skoal about 7 years ago to help wean me off cigarettes and im still on it...Used to smoke 1 pack a day and it was hard for me to leave dispatch to have a smoke. So I thought Skoal would help me with the smoking...I have heard the nicotine levels in chew are comparable to 3 cigarettes... :banghead:

im on a 5 year plan just graduated from cigarettes to cigars. then il move up to chew, snuff, and eventually be done

What movie was that from???? Hmmm .... Crap, I can't think of it..... (I want to say Uncle Buck, or similar)

BTW ... The wife is at 6 weeks with no smoking too!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats! It's a very hard thing to do. I used to smoke way back... Then I wanted to quit so I started chewing. I just chew more and still occasionally smoke cigarettes. It was Kodiak, until prices went up to around $8 dollars a tin. Now, its Grizzly- virtually the same thing (made by the same company,) at only $3.25 a tin. I really want to quit. :banghead:

Good Job! and Keep up the the GOOD WORK!

Well done dude!

I've quit twice since I started smoking in high school ... and it seems it's always easier to get started than it is to quit. This most recent time was wanting a smoke with my captain & coke ... and it became a daily thing from there ... :cry: