Cheapest Way To Go Long Tubes Legally?(or Almost legal)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want LT's, but I don't want to spend the $1500 on Dynatechs. What LT's are a good price but would be eassiest to put cats on to look legal to the inspectors?

Also, how much does Jet Hot coating usually run?

If you have a visual inspection, long tubes will fail every time, no matter if there are cats or not... unless you know somebody or the inspector does know or give a damn. Mid-length or shorties are your only hope to carry a carb number and be legal.

the only thing you can do is try to make your system a bolt on and off thing like i'm gonna do, i can post pics when i get it, done but not sure when though?.

oh yeah, nice name :wtf: just remember i was hear first!... MuHaHaHahaha :devil:

just joking :jester: ...but not realy...lol

post-8665-1174365454_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1174365469_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1174365486_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1174365876_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2006_superado (see edit history)

OBX are just like dynatech but a lot cheaper. they dont have cats but there are all the spots for you o2 sensors so it might pass a visual inspection.

The pacesetteres are good but will need more work to get them in...then you should adjust your tune...

OBX are just like dynatech but a lot cheaper. they dont have cats but there are all the spots for you o2 sensors so it might pass a visual inspection.

The pacesetteres are good but will need more work to get them in...then you should adjust your tune...

Where can I find OBX? And do high flow cats actually flow anymore than stockers? How exactly does a bolt on/off system work? Is that the headers/cats and all, and just replace with the stock manifolds come inspection time?

search OBX racing on egay.

I had a local place that would do ceramic coating for $250, check local first they might be easier that shipping theheaders to jet hot.

they might flow a little more but some are made differently (with metal) so they wont break/come apart and kill your engine.

Chase had some that failed and he avoided some major problems.

Texas doesn't have SMOG checks... so you should be ok with any LT that you decide to get. :thumbs:

Hell, last time i went in to get mine inspected.. i just had to flash my lights and turn on my wipers... didn't have to start it or anything...

Gotta love Texas!

i spent about $1500+ on my pacesetter setup (parts, pipe, and install). i think the jet hot coating is about 200, plus i got a 25% off recoat and a discount coupon for a "friend"

Texas doesn't have SMOG checks... so you should be ok with any LT that you decide to get. :thumbs:

Hell, last time i went in to get mine inspected.. i just had to flash my lights and turn on my wipers... didn't have to start it or anything...

Gotta love Texas!

Houston has smog if your car is older than 96, and visual and OBD II check it newer than '96.

I spent much less than 1500.00 for my Dynatech LT'S. You need to shop around. Also whatever you decide to go with, I'd get them coated. You get what you pay for IMHO. Shoot me a PM if your interested in a great price.

B

Edited by BILLS04SS (see edit history)