Cheapest Way To Go Long Tubes Legally?(or Almost legal)

I spend much less than 1500.00 for my Dynatech LT'S. You need to shop around. Also whatever you decide to go with, I'd get them coated. You get what you pay for IMHO. Shoot me a PM if your interested in a great price.

B

i did too but didnt want to name names on this site since tybrne is a sponser.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i spent about $1500+ on my pacesetter setup (parts, pipe, and install). i think the jet hot coating is about 200, plus i got a 25% off recoat and a discount coupon for a "friend"

if i remember correctly that was including your catback system, x-pipe, and cutouts right?.

blackbeastSS spent about $700 or so if i remember right (feel free to chime in if you see this)

i got my pacesetters for $375 coated (i've seen as much as $450) im not using cats, but even if i did there about a $100 each, so at the most your at $650 for parts and most muffler shops charge about $10 a foot on pipe (labor included) lets say you need 3' a side (which you wont) that's $60 that puts you at about $710 for a pacesetter set-up roughly.

not including the install, which dynatechs have to be installed as well so that needs to be considered with the fact that wody is including (again if i remember right) the cost of his catback system, x-pipe, cutouts, and install.. how much would a dynatech system cost with a catback, x-pipe, cutouts, and shop install?.. i'd guess about $2200 or more?.

my system will cost me less then $600 (no cats i install the LT's) and made to be a removable system so i can bolt back on the stock exhaust if necessary $800 if i wanted cats, around $1000 if i wanted them to install the LT's and if you count my custom catback (2- FM super 40's and 6' of pipe side exit) that cost me $220 i would be at a little over $1200 for a completley removable system... installed by someone else including a duel catback exhaust.

a dynatech system will cost you at least that and no catback and you have to install your self.

i'm not trying to knock the dynatech system or anyone who owns it... i'm just pointing out that no matter how you slice it the dynatechs are $600-$800 more then an equal system put together yourself.

it all comes down to if you think there quality is that much better, or you think it's worth that much more not to order your cats seperately from the headers, and not taking it to a muffler shop?.

to me it wasn't, but maybe to others it is? :dunno:

sorry about the long post, but someone had to explain, so the newbie dont get the wrong idea about the difference between pacesetters/dynatech's. :sigh:

Edited by 2006_SUPERADO (see edit history)

That sucks for you! 1 reason why i love North Texas.. :driving:
Dallas, Collin, Denton, And Tarrant counties do smog checks. Not sure which county you live in. Grayson? Most of the big metro ares in Texas do the full emissions check, just the rural counties don't. But you can't get away from it. If you live in an emissions county you can't go to a non emissions county for an inspection unless they have the ability to do emissions testing.

I think we'll be ok, because I don't believe we have adopted CA standards.

if i remember correctly that was including your catback system, x-pipe, and cutouts right?.

yeah. headers, cats, cutouts, x pipe, muffs, 3" pipe and tips.

pacesetters have a 3" collector and the dynatechs have a 2.5" collector

Edited by wody (see edit history)

i thought there was discussionabout this earlier that the pacesetters were somewhat inferior to the dynatechs?

if i remember right some said they thought the quality is better? and i think they believe that because it is a complete kit that bolts up imo. the pacesetters are better then the old dynatech design again imo, not sure about the the new one?.. even if there sligtly better quality some how?, the pacesetters still have a better collector size (i'm going to run a full 3" system) i could'nt do that with the dynatechs they both have there pro's and con's but i think the pacesetters were better if you dont mind a little more effort to make more power and save a ton of cash.

yeah. headers, cats, cutouts, x pipe, muffs, 3" pipe and tips.

pacesetters have a 3" collector and the dynatechs have a 2.5" collector

yeah see i knew it was for your complete system front to back, they were taking it as the dynatech system was cheaper then your pacesetter system, i just had to explain that there is no way possible that were true, if someone did everything you did with the dynatechs they would be well over $2k.

Edited by 2006_SUPERADO (see edit history)

if i remember right some said they thought the quality is better? and i think they believe that because it is a complete kit that bolts up imo. the pacesetters are better then the old dynatech design again imo, not sure about the the new one?.. even if there sligtly better quality some how?, the pacesetters still have a better collector size (i'm going to run a full 3" system) i could'nt do that with the dynatechs they both have there pro's and con's but i think the pacesetters were better if you dont mind a little more effort to make more power and save a ton of cash.

yeah see i knew it was for your complete system front to back, they were taking it as the dynatech system was cheaper then your pacesetter system, i just had to explain that there is no way possible that were true, if someone did everything you did with the dynatechs they would be well over $2k.

you can too run a full 3 inch system with the dynatechs. look under my truck and you'll see its possible. and i would really have to argue with the pacesetters being better quality than even the old style dynatechs. pacesetters are definately cheaper but more exhaust work is required by the muffler shop. so to each his own i guess.

you can too run a full 3 inch system with the dynatechs. look under my truck and you'll see its possible. and i would really have to argue with the pacesetters being better quality than even the old style dynatechs. pacesetters are definately cheaper but more exhaust work is required by the muffler shop. so to each his own i guess.

even if you have 3" pipe, you still have a 2.5" collector. so you can not out flow that collector even chase chose the pacesetters for this reason, i believe he said the quality may not be the best but the performance and cost made up for it. and honestly i have the pacesetters and see nothing wrong with them, the old dynatechs have that ugly awkward pipe configuration, which was'nt easy on plug wires, it was a bad design they had to correct, so how is that great quality?.

i stated i'm not sure about the new design. do you have pacesetters to compare next to the new design dynatechs if so let me know whats so much better?.

i've already explained even with the cats and muffler shop you will still be a lot cheaper then dynatechs. so again there are pros and cons to each system, i just feel the pacesetters are better for those who don't mind a couple hours at a muffler shop, ordering there cats from another source, and at the same time gaining more potential from there system... are those couple inconveniances worth all that money?, not to me, but maybe to others. sorry if i stepped on your toe's somehow?. i was just trying to make sure that the differnces were explained to the new guy so he could make his own choice. let's not make this a my d*ck is bigger then yours thing, i'm just happy with the quality, size, and flow of my d*ck for the little extra effort it takes to get it workin!....lmfao! :jester::cheers:

Dallas, Collin, Denton, And Tarrant counties do smog checks. Not sure which county you live in. Grayson? Most of the big metro ares in Texas do the full emissions check, just the rural counties don't. But you can't get away from it. If you live in an emissions county you can't go to a non emissions county for an inspection unless they have the ability to do emissions testing.

I think we'll be ok, because I don't believe we have adopted CA standards.

Fannin.

Like i said.. didn't even have to start it up.. :devil:

even if you have 3" pipe, you still have a 2.5" collector. so you can not out flow that collector even chase chose the pacesetters for this reason, i believe he said the quality may not be the best but the performance and cost made up for it. and honestly i have the pacesetters and see nothing wrong with them, the old dynatechs have that ugly awkward pipe configuration, which was'nt easy on plug wires, it was a bad design they had to correct, so how is that great quality?.

i stated i'm not sure about the new design. do you have pacesetters to compare next to the new design dynatechs if so let me know whats so much better?.

i've already explained even with the cats and muffler shop you will still be a lot cheaper then dynatechs. so again there are pros and cons to each system, i just feel the pacesetters are better for those who don't mind a couple hours at a muffler shop, ordering there cats from another source, and at the same time gaining more potential from there system... are those couple inconveniances worth all that money?, not to me, but maybe to others. sorry if i stepped on your toe's somehow?. i was just trying to make sure that the differnces were explained to the new guy so he could make his own choice. let's not make this a my d*ck is bigger then yours thing, i'm just happy with the quality, size, and flow of my d*ck for the little extra effort it takes to get it workin!....lmfao! :jester::cheers:

you should sell stock in pacesetters. i bow down to the bigger di** i guess. congrats

you should sell stock in pacesetters. i bow down to the bigger di** i guess. congrats

thanks i guess :dunno: i was'nt trying to win any "d*ck" contest.. :crackup: lol. i just wanted to make clear the differences, so people don't think pacesetters are inferior. it's all about what you want to make you happy and making a decision that fits your goals.

were all fam on here :chevy: so i hope theres no hard feelings? :cheers:

I put OBX long tubes on mine, they have cats (at least they look like cats, tuning is required to avoid a P0420, p0430 Catalyst DTC) In my state, it doesn't matter what kind of exhaust you have visibly, as long as there is a converter and muffler. These cats look real so visibly, it will pass and as long as there is no DTC or SES light, I'm OK. Back to the headers. They were $531 shipped to my door. Stainless, direct bolt-in with all hardware. Easy install, except the left side was tight getting the rear bolts and spark plugs in. All in all, I'm satisfied with them, they made a definate power difference.

I put OBX long tubes on mine, they have cats (at least they look like cats, tuning is required to avoid a P0420, p0430 Catalyst DTC) In my state, it doesn't matter what kind of exhaust you have visibly, as long as there is a converter and muffler. These cats look real so visibly, it will pass and as long as there is no DTC or SES light, I'm OK. Back to the headers. They were $531 shipped to my door. Stainless, direct bolt-in with all hardware. Easy install, except the left side was tight getting the rear bolts and spark plugs in. All in all, I'm satisfied with them, they made a definate power difference.

those sound like a good deal too, although i havn't heard much about them, do you know what size the primary's and collector's are?. i would advise on getting the stainless ceramic coated though, it will keep the underhood temps down a LOT which will in turn help make power, and protect wires from premature failure.