Cheapest Way To Go Long Tubes Legally?(or Almost legal)

those sound like a good deal too, although i havn't heard much about them, do you know what size the primary's and collector's are?. i would advise on getting the stainless ceramic coated though, it will keep the underhood temps down a LOT which will in turn help make power, and protect wires from premature failure.
I was just looking at some on ebay, and they are 1 3/4 primary, didn't give collector size. They don't look too bad, except they have that goofy bend on the driver's side that the Dynatech's used to have. I'll have to do some more research on these.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at some on ebay, and they are 1 3/4 primary, didn't give collector size. They don't look too bad, except they have that goofy bend on the driver's side that the Dynatech's used to have. I'll have to do some more research on these.

now that you mentioned it, if i'm not mistaken? they are copy's of the old dynatech.

they should have the 2.5" collecter's. i think for the price CNE paid for them there a good deal, even if you got them ceramic coated there still under $800 installed, about the same as pacesetters. only problem i see with this set-up is that funky tube :crazy: and the 2.5" collecter's.

Not sure why the #5 tube turns up, I think there is enough room to turn down. It makes it kind of tight putting the two rear bolts and spark plugs in. They slip right in from the bottom. They also have a nice thick flange on them. I used the stock metal gaskets because I had heard most guys were having problems with the aftermarket gaskets. I do have a slight cold start leak which quickly goes away. I will either get some more factory gaskets or go ahead and try the ones that came with them. Overall, I'm pleased with them, especially for the money. I can't see an extra $1,000 for another brand making any kind of noticeable power gains. Not everybody can spend $10,000 on upgrades. Some of us are on a budget.

Not sure why the #5 tube turns up, I think there is enough room to turn down. It makes it kind of tight putting the two rear bolts and spark plugs in. They slip right in from the bottom. They also have a nice thick flange on them. I used the stock metal gaskets because I had heard most guys were having problems with the aftermarket gaskets. I do have a slight cold start leak which quickly goes away. I will either get some more factory gaskets or go ahead and try the ones that came with them. Overall, I'm pleased with them, especially for the money. I can't see an extra $1,000 for another brand making any kind of noticeable power gains. Not everybody can spend $10,000 on upgrades. Some of us are on a budget.

there was enough room for the #5 tube to go down, dynatech fixed it a while ago and redesigned them, i guess obx bought the pattent or rights to build the old style dynatech design, funny how they sell the same thing for $800-$1000 less then dynatech did?.

i'm pretty sure yours will make the same power as the dynatechs being there the same set-up.

so you would'nt gain anything buying the dynatechs except the better tube is that worth a $100 more hell yeah, worth a $1000 more hell no!.. lol.

i would like $10k for mods as well but like you i have a budget, so i had to make sure i bought a system that my truck will not outgrow, if later i decide to go with a S/C/stroker/NOS i know a full duel 3" system will be fine, maybe a little overkill now but it's got to much bottem end anyway. even if i gave up some quality somehow? it was still the best choice for me.

now if i knew i would never try to make big power and was going to stop at just bolt on's, then i would definetley go with the obx set up.