Ok, I give...Help....

So Im trying to install electric fans....And Im trying to get that D@!# stock fan off....I rented a fan clutch removal tool from a local parts store. It has a large wrench for the nut and another goofy looking tool that is supposed to hold 4 bolts from moving on the water pump pulley..

Problem is, there are no bolts on the pulley itself to hold it from spinning. Turning the wrench counter-clockwise, the pulley and nut just spin...Any ideas on how to hold the pulley from spinning? There are 4 holes in the face of the pulley, but they are too small to get anything through to keep it from spinning....

get a long(24") screwdriver and put the tip on the end of the large nut. now, use a big hammer and wack it. same can be done easier with an air hammer if you have one. this is the only way i have had sucess in removing these. their a royal PITA. good luck man.

Ok I'll give that a shot...Still think it will spin...Im wondering if I should get a new belt and cinch it down a little also...Seems to turn pretty easy..

Big Crescent wrench and a big rubber hammer are your friend...read all about it here...I had the same issues...

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...c=29090&hl=

1. Place big wrench on nut with handle upwards...

2. Stand in front of truck...

3. Take big rubber mallet...

4. Swing like barry bonds from right to left (right handed batter style)

5. If not succeed on first try...try again...The strength will set you free...

6. Nut is loose...do victory dance

7. Drink beer...

Finally got it !!!

I tried the wrench/bat combination, it still spun the pulley...I ended up threading a self tapping screw into the face of the pulley then held that with a wrench while i turned the hex nut with the other wrench...Came off with little effort...Thanks again everyone !!! Jason