More Dallas Auto Show Pics

Parking in the garage - those folks made f'n $40 off us in parking :crazy: Left to right: Mike (PimpSS), Kim & Brad (brobrad77h), Dwayne (CoolBlueSS), Justin (sswrecker), not pictured = me.

Garage.jpg

They say the first thing that says Hello is the first thing that meets the eye: 2007 Cadillac XLR-V Coupe/Roadster, parked just inside the front door. Yes it's so much better in person than in photo. Yes it's drop-dead sexy. Yes it's the right color. Yes it's low (look at the guy bending down to read the sign next to it). Yes it's supercharged (450-hp 6-spd). Yes it's totally loaded (adaptive lighting, HUD, magnetic ride control, keyless pushbutton start, DVD & NAV). Yes I so totally want one. And Yes - it's $100-grand. :tear:

XLR-V.jpg

(cont'd)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

On the turntable in the Chevrolet section is the coming Camaro. Dwayne and I must have spent 15-minutes just staring at this car, it's flawless. I have always thought the new Camaro is a beautiful creation, a real GM masterpiece, but I've never really had the desire to purchase one. But I swear to all of you if there had been a salesman beside us at the turntable I would have immediately broken down and signed papers right there to have it. At 20% financing. It is really that awe inspiring, I just couldn't help but to keep looking at it. The last time I had that feeling I was looking over the Grand Canyon. It is just that seductive, this is a true love at first sight car and can't wait to see it on the road. Of course with baited breath, it's too soon to tell how much of the 'concept' will be stripped off the real car and what the final price will be.

Camaro1.jpg

Camaro2.jpg

Camaro3.jpg

Camaro4.jpg

(cont'd)

If I didn't already own a Silverado SS, I would seriously consider buying this TRD Tundra. I looked it over high & low and IMO yes it's all they hype it up to be. Styling is love-it-or-hate-it (I like it, it's ok). The drivetrain appears very hmmmm let's say robust. Example, instead of typical straps & caps to hold the u-joints this truck uses flanges :eek: like you would find on a 1-ton truck. Beefy. Another thing I like is that the powertrain is mounted very low in the frame, leaving lots of room atop the engine and lots of working room underhood too. Can't tell you much about the interior, the truck was roped-off so I only saw a little bit. However in this single-cab there is a good 8-10 inches of cab behind the reclining seats. This truck has a intercooled TRD Eaton supercharger; there were no power ratings but I'm sure we can assume it makes low-500's in horsepower and when combined with the auto 6-spd is meant for building serious street cred. Gotta wonder what the curb weight will be though. I wouldn't be surprised to see some fast Tundras soon.

Tundra1.jpg

Tundra2.jpg

Tundra3.jpg

Tundra4.jpg

Tundra5.jpg

Tundra6.jpg

Mr. P. :)

hey steve i like the tundra but i would much rather have the camaro.
Don't worry, I'm not trading the SS for the Tundra! The Camaro OTOH, well it makes me give a second look to the old red Firebird!

I hate to say this, because I'm loyale to GM, but the Toyota Tundra is going to give the domestics some serious competition. They've done their homework, and built one hell of a truck. The red TRD prototype looked pretty good, too.

The Camaro is just hot. I hope they keep the production model close to the prototype. Hopefully it will be priced at a resonable figure.

id like to see the tundra in a different color personally but it looks pretty darn sharp.

now this is gonna piss off some loyalists but, the camaro is a nice looking concept. but imo the challenger looks better.

post-9083-1174434212_thumb.jpg

Edited by rivierakid55 (see edit history)

My friend was a tech for toyota for a while, he now works at lexus, and he said that the TuRD superchargers produced so much heat that they where not holding up to the v8, and therefor toyota stoped pushing them on the tundras. I hope that toyota fixed the supercharger problems on those truck. It will make for some interesting times. Plus GM should answere with badder NA engines