Exaust tips

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like thegunny's tips!

Yeah ... no offense, but I have to disagree on that one ...

Going dual like that to the back, and then turning the pipes 6" from the rear so they exit out the sides never did appeal to me. It looked to me like a job not completed ... like you ran out of pipe or something.

Plus, I don't like the way it looks from the rear ... there should be a clean view from the rear bumper to the ground when you look at the back of a truck ... and putting 2 skewed angles in the view from side exit exhaust ... :sick:

But, to each their own. If you like it, and Gunny likes it ... that's all that really matters! :thumbs:

:cheers:

Holty, do you have a sound clip? :driving:

Edited by perk03z06 (see edit history)

Because I have a Magnaflow system on the SS and I was given another System for my Duramax by Magnaflow through Mario Andretti, so I felt guilty having the Gibson Tips with their name stamped into them on the truck.

I just got another system for my '72 CHevelle from the owners son at Magnaflow. I was talking to him at a trade show, and he asked me what I had on the car and I told him Flowmasters, so he said "We can't have that, we sell systems for Musclecars now" email me your address when you get home and I will send you one for the Chevelle. A week later it was here.

Can you see why I like to display their name?

Thats makes sense,I think I would change my tips to please them too. Well at least I will feel better about copying your exhaust since its different now. Do you still have the tips?

I dont know why but to me it just looks sporty or something. I looked at some pics of tips that came out in front of the rear tire, but it just doesnt look right on the sss to me, but it looks good on the lightning to me...like u said to each his own. I am debating doing that with flat tips though, like yours, except coming out behind the rear tire. Got to find some pics of that though.

Thats makes sense,I think I would change my tips to please them too. Well at least I will feel better about copying your exhaust since its different now. Do you still have the tips?

Do I still have what tips? The Rectangular ones?, No, I sold them to another member on here.

man, i really need to do my exhaust. I've been back and forth on the idea. Just not sure if i want to dump so much money into my truck. But after reading this thread, i'm getting tempted. All I'll say is that i have a sick idea for my exhaust. It's definitely a trick i have up my sleeve, hopefully i'll go through with it at which point i'll post some pics. Just don't get me wrong, i love my truck and wish i could throw every penny i make into it, but i'm investing in the stock market right now and i'm trying to partly set up my retirement as well (mind you, I'm 19) and i think that outweighs my truck for now. We'll see what happens. Hopefully i come across some extra cash somewhere along the line

ES :flag: