Subaru STI Kill

SS Silv

Haha, got ya. No, the STI killed me.

I just washed the truck, so I decided to cruise around and listen to some tunes. Pull up right next to an STI at a stop light and I could see that the passanger had a laptop that he was using to tune the car. The driver revs on me, so we go at it, I knew I was going to get my ass handed but I went anyway. I CAN'T BELEIVE, how hard this car was pulling. He honestly had 4 car lengths on me in 2 second. Yeah, the car wasn't stock. So we meet at the next stop light, rolled down the window, and I was like HOLY SHIT, and the guys are just laughing. I thought they were going to be dicks about it, but they happened to be real cool. We shared a few compliments, and we both were on are way.

I guess I am basically posting this because it really made me feel good with the way the guys treated me concidering they just murdered my truck. You honestly don't run into these type a people that often. Especially in my town.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well at least you got balls for trying!!! but there was chance he was close to stock, they can pull 13.2 stock, i read some where it beat the SVT cobra and ran like 13.2 bone stock. of coarse that was with a real good driver.

I'm trying to find an STI or Evo that i can race so i know where my truck stands after heads and cam. I got next to one STI off an off ramp and we both hit it right away and i pulled just in front of him before we had to let off, so guess i beat him...but judging from the sound of his exhaust, id say he could have puller one more lower gear and showed me his tail lights.

Nice try man!!

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

well at least you got balls for trying!!! but there was chance he was close to stock, they can pull 13.2 stock, i read some where it beat the SVT cobra and ran like 13.2 bone stock. of coarse that was with a real good driver.

I'm trying to find an STI or Evo that i can race so i know where my truck stands after heads and cam. I got next to one STI off an off ramp and we both hit it right away and i pulled just in front of him before we had to let off, so guess i beat him...but judging from the sound of his exhaust, id say he could have puller one more lower gear and showed me his tail lights.

Nice try man!!

Brad

I doubt he was close to stock. He had a bunch of gauges in the pillar as well as the tuning he was doing from the laptop, it also sounded wicked.

I would also like to know where you stand after heads and cam.

Keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice try man!!

Brad

i know where you stand man, i raced my friends evo 8 yesterday which is lightly modded and he had from a rolling start like 2 to 3 car lengths on me by the time we got to 80.. evos are fast as hell

Edited by Black07VortecMAX (see edit history)

From a former STi owner :cool:

They are sick fast, with a full exhaust and tuning :eek:

Great little fun car with four doors. Hope you see him again when you are a bit quicker. Nothing like surprising the "fast cars" with a fast full size

yeah....they kill us. My truck ran 15.0 stock, the STI can and does run low 13's. I think the Evo's run high to mid 13's.

Brad

0-60 4.6

1/4 13.1

however this is with a perfect driver. It is still very easy to get mid 13's with the car. Stopping power is insane as well

damn, ok.

*note to self: dont race awd ricers*

damn, ok.

*note to self: dont race awd ricers*

not all of em are that bad, you just picked about the 2 worst. The regular WRX is a good run, the mazda 6 speed will go around 14.0 with a good driver, and the jetta and GTI are a good run to. I'll tell you what though, the "ricers" are really turning around and making some great HP with awesome weight to HP ratios. The STI, EVO, mazda speed, 350z, g35, SRT-4, maxima, even the v-tech civics are all running pretty damn good.

Brad

not all of em are that bad, you just picked about the 2 worst. The regular WRX is a good run, the mazda 6 speed will go around 14.0 with a good driver, and the jetta and GTI are a good run to. I'll tell you what though, the "ricers" are really turning around and making some great HP with awesome weight to HP ratios. The STI, EVO, mazda speed, 350z, g35, SRT-4, maxima, even the v-tech civics are all running pretty damn good.

Brad

Jettas? What kind? I raced my homie that had a Jetta with an exhuast and intake and I smoked him. I also smoked a GTI. I beat a couple of modded civics and they couldn't believe I was stock. Ricers are pretty crazy though, that fool I raced went through stops, I didn't go through them cause I didn't want my truck getting hit. I runned a lot of ricers and to this day I have never lost to one, but yeah there are some pretty fast ricers but in the end they don't look as good as Silverado SS. I wanna race 350 and G35 but they never wanna race.