tranny went bye bye

blktbon20s

This disturbs me. I plan to upgrade to a Radix, so I will be putting out more power than a Trailblazer, but with a heavier rig. My confidence in the 4L70-E is shaken.

Has anyone had theories about the cause of the problems? What are most TBSS owners doing when they crap out?

Mike

Look in the AWD transmission tech section. Lots of good info on building a strong trans for these rigs.

This disturbs me. I plan to upgrade to a Radix, so I will be putting out more power than a Trailblazer, but with a heavier rig. My confidence in the 4L70-E is shaken.

Has anyone had theories about the cause of the problems? What are most TBSS owners doing when they crap out?

Mike

i would do some serious searching to see if your tranny can hold up to the power. GM really needs to do something about this. Its like every other week another SS is getting the tranny replace :shakehead:

:eek: holy sh!t that would total ruin my yr if that happened

Just an yr?!?!

LOL

Yeah he is lucky that everything stayed under the truck. Can't imagine if something would have gone through the floor into the truck :shakehead: Could have pretty nasty but i bet that would be the only way GM would actually take action.

I hope they get it fixed before the kill off the TBSS, i plan on buying one but payments are pretty high and being a college student doesn't help at all

Edited by Black Beauty (see edit history)