Drag Racing in the UK

eamonnschevy

A few guys are meeting up at Santa Pod Raceway tomorrow (Saturday) for the RWYB Before the Sunday show http://www.thefastshow.com/ we will only be there for the Saturday hopefully get some hot hatch kills under our belts.

the rebel crew will be taking

2 Chevy SSS Me n JCB

a couple of Corvettes a Camaro (SS 4TH GEN)

a Pontiac or 2,

There's gonna be a few lightnings, Harley's and Mustangs (including a Saleen)

there's a grudge match between me and a Buddy in a 2003 HD (Any tips on how to make sure i beat him will be appreciated..)and any ideas of what my times should be? he pulled a 13:5 last season

If anyone else on here who have been lurking and live/work in the UK are welcome to join us just look for the 2 SSS black n blue..

eamonn

Your truck should beat that 2003 HD fairly easily. Your truck should be running 13.0's and is probably capable of high 12's depending on tune and conditions. Stage that bad boy and when the light goes, stomp on the throttle to the floor and hang on. Good luck!

First Rum

me 14.7 @ 93.63 mph smoked tires i lost to modded 2003 Harley 14.1 @ 100 mph

Second Run

me 13.9 @ 93mph i Win beat 2007 Modded Harley 15.6 @ 94.54 mph

Third Run

me 13.7 @ 95.92 mph i win beat 6.6 Pontiac Fire bird 15.7 @ 92.23 mph

Forth Run

Me 13.9 @ 97.62 mph Harley 13.9 @ 100 mph Best Race of the day even though i lost (oh and the Harley owner is an experienced Drag racer and changed to Drag radials for this race think i had him scared lol...)

I was improving on each run but it was cold wet and windy and Rain stopped racing just after my 4th run

roll on the next meet, i know the truck is capable of more, i just need to get my launch right it was a bit hit or miss today, but i learn quick ,i didn't get a chance to take any pictures but some buddies did so i'll post em asap.

Didn't manage to race all my buddies who turned up because rain stopped racing but heres the list of cars/trucks that were racing with me.

2003 Ford F150 Harley Truck (Highly Modded) raced twice lost twice but will beat him next time

2006 Ford Saleen Mustang (Blue Blown n modded)

2002 S10 CHEVY 4.3V6 stock

1977 Pontiac Trans Am 6.6 stock Raced once SS Won

2003 Lightning (Red seriosly modded)

2004 Lightning (Black Modded)

2002 Silverado Truck 5.3 4x4 stock

1998 Dodge Ram Truck R/T stock

2006 Ford Harley Truck (blown n modded) Raced Once SS Won

2006 Saleen Mustang (Black Blown n modded)

and Me in

2005 Silverado with a BIG Smile even though it was frezzing cold with rain and wind..

Fastshow004.jpg

Fastshow006.jpg

eamonn

Edited by eamonnschevy (see edit history)

Way too cool man!!! Yeah your truck has WAYYY more potential in it, BSER has a very similar combination to yours and he rips off mid-12's no problem - keep at it :driving:

edit - but BSER is a lot lighter than you are, no stereo, hitch, tonneau, or rear bumper so that's a good few hundred pounds of extra baggage there but I would still expect you to hit a 13-flat in street trim.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Way too cool man!!! Yeah your truck has WAYYY more potential in it, BSER has a very similar combination to yours and he rips off mid-12's no problem - keep at it :driving:

Mr. P. :)

Yea the conditions were terrible today, the track hasn't been used hardly at all during the winter the track was damp (they tried to dry it but were fighting a loosing battle) the next meet where i'll be up against the 03 harley is june, i'll be getting some practice before then lol..

anyway thanks for the encouragement misterp..

and heres a few pics of me and the 2006 harley the one i beat ...

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

I wish I was there :driving: nice pics :cheers: Did you race just chevy and fords or could you race an uk brand trucks .

There was everything racing UK American Japs Eurocars....but the American cars n trucks were most consistant, a £70k $140 Porche only managerd a high 15, i was trying to get lined up against him but we only had a morning of racing as rain stopped play (worst part about the UK this time of year weather is so unpredictable)... anyways a buddy sent me some video of my truck..

check these out

the first is me against my buddy Doug in his 1977-78 Pontiac Firebired 6.6 liter

th_DSCF0017.jpg

if the link is not working try this

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/bel...nt=DSCF0017.flv

this is the first race with Adam in the Harley ( i was kinda sleeping on the start line, well it has been almost 30 years since i drag raced at the track and street lights give me more time lol)

th_DSCF0012.jpg

if the link is not working try this

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/bel...¤t=DSCF0012.flv

Edited by eamonnschevy (see edit history)