New muffler system

raandoggy

Just wondering what kind of exhaust system would be the best for performance and not too much noise. Looking for something that sounds really good. I was kind of looking at Borla cat backs. Is that a recommended system?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what kind of exhaust system would be the best for performance and not too much noise. Looking for something that sounds really good. I was kind of looking at Borla cat backs. Is that a recommended system?

Welcome to the forum :chevy:

Borlas work well enough, but the same exact catback is sold through GM as their "performance catback" for a bit less $$$. As you are considering a high-dollar product I would suggest looking at the Corsas, they perform about equally with the Borlas and the interior sound level is stock with no resonance/buzzing in the cab. I have a Corsa Touring and love it.

Mr. P. :)

I put a Magnaflow muffler only on mine. Dual 2 1/4 in, single 3 out. It's way too loud. I wouldn't recommend it. I will be changing soon. The GM Performance Catback system is nice, all stainless and made by Borla as already said. It sounds nice at idle and not too loud under heavy throttle. I was going to go with that but tried to save a little money. I will probably go with the GM setup. We put a couple on at work. You can get dual tailpipes out the rear or a single side exit like stock. I like the side exit personally.

Welcome to the forum :chevy:

Borlas work well enough, but the same exact catback is sold through GM as their "performance catback" for a bit less $$$. As you are considering a high-dollar product I would suggest looking at the Corsas, they perform about equally with the Borlas and the interior sound level is stock with no resonance/buzzing in the cab. I have a Corsa Touring and love it.

Mr. P. :)

Thanks for the feedback. After researching the Corsa Muffler system I can't find one with dual exit for my truck. Only can find side exit. Any recommendations?

i have aero turbine mufflers on my truck and my god is it loud. its the deepest sounding truck ive heard. but corsa sounds really good i had it b4 and wasnt loud enough for me. good luck

Thanks guys for the info! Let you know what I go with soon. I still want to go with the Corsa. Only if I can find the dual exits.

Thanks guys for the info! Let you know what I go with soon. I still want to go with the Corsa. Only if I can find the dual exits.

Corsa doesn't make a bolt on "dual exit" system for our trucks. You'll have to buy the $700+ system, then cut it up for duals. Might as well just get a custom job locally for half the price. LOTS of mufflers out there to choose from.

Corsa doesn't make a bolt on "dual exit" system for our trucks. You'll have to buy the $700+ system, then cut it up for duals. Might as well just get a custom job locally for half the price. LOTS of mufflers out there to choose from.

O.K. So maybe Corsa may be out! Would the Borla "dual exit" be just as nice? Maybe a little spendier?

I'm in the same boat as you looking for dual exit, but having a hard time deciding...I'm seriously considering just dumping it and be done and it would be way cheaper and I wouldn't feel as bad (in the wallet area) if I was disappointed rather than spending $5-800 on a bolt on system and being disappointed.

Check this thread about dumping the exhaust: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30300

Here's another thread about dumped exhaust: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30303

I'll probably dump like jdg did, because I could do that fab work in my garage and TIG weld the whole thing. If I'm unhappy with the dump then I'll see about running the exhaust back or possibly in front of the rear tire, but will have an exhaust shop do that leg work!

Good luck with your mission.

I forgot to mention that doing the work myself would obviously be cheaper, but if I decide to actually exit the truck, I'll have to put tips on...and that can get pretty expensive. Those Corsa tips do look nice, but damn, you can really spend some cash on those things!

O.K. So maybe Corsa may be out! Would the Borla "dual exit" be just as nice? Maybe a little spendier?

Refer to earlier post, GM Performance system is made by Borla, has side exit or dual rear exit available, all stainless. It can be bought for around $500 with the tips. Tips are sold seperate so don't forget them. They also offer tips with SS logo on them. I haven't seen one yet though but I bet they are sweeet.

I love my B&B exhaust. Very good quality -all stainless. Has good deep rumble but not overly loud. No interior resonance or drone whatsoever. :thumbs:

post-6983-1175123504_thumb.jpgpost-6983-1175123471_thumb.jpgpost-6983-1175123536_thumb.jpg

Thanks nebrasska. I'll check that system out. Sounds like what I want.