straight pipes?

kweber1911

I have an appointment to get exaust done to my SSS this week and as of right now Im going with 2 true pipes right out of the cats. is there any downfall to this? will it throw off some error codes? I know its gunna be loud as hell, but in my town in South Dakota noone cares so I shouldnt get into much trouble with it.

Please let me know what you guys think about this.

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

its going to be extremely loud. i was going to do this at first, but then i came to the reality that i live in a very populated area, and the cops would be up my ass constently. so good luck with the cops, thats even if you have any up there in S. Dakota.

for one thing, yes its going to be loud, but will sound like SHIT.

second, you will not gain anything from this, possibly even loose some low end.

i don't recommend it

:withstupid: X 100

Straight pipes sound like poo on everything except a pure race vehicle with insane cam lift.

well then....im open to suggestions. I want something to let people know Im coming.

if you want LOUD i'd go with the setup i have.

Dynatech LT's

gutted cats

true duals into a set of 40 flowmasters

straight pipes are a hillbilly hack way of doing things. you dont gain shit from it

if you want loud and best flowing, get yourself 2 SLP resonators, or 2 dynomax bullets, or Magnaflow rounds. all of these are bascially resonators that are stratight thru. will be best flowing and be the loudest

i personally wouldnt go dynatech headers [sorry holty but they are strictive] i would get a good set of headers with 2.5 collectors or 3" collectors if you actually had soem power. then afte the headers i would then go No cats and merge it into a X then into the mufflers i suggested. this will be the loudest and best flowing and most HP possible.....

cats sounds like shit... if you can get alway with out running them I would do that before anything... if you want it loud loose the cats and run dynomax bullets they will quite it down some at idle and low RPM's but when you get on it... they dont do much. I have to of the longer ones (23" i believe) with dual 3" dumped over the axle on my 84 (built sbc) and I love them kinnda loud for a DD though.

:withstupid: X 100

Straight pipes sound like poo on everything except a pure race vehicle with insane cam lift.

:withstupid: I here trucks like that all day long, they think it gives them more power but they actually lose it and it does sound like :puke: I want to disable all the one I hear like that. Oh yea I know all them town cops (I work on their police and personal cars) and tell them they need to give em a ticket :D And there is always one that goes by my shop when one of them is here talking to me. Now I like a good sounding exhaust that is a little louder than stock but open pipes are for :yellow_loser:

I think that I am going to see how the straights sound when the truck is done. I know what sounds good and doesnt sound good. If it sounds like hell Ill do something a little different. Thanks for all the information guys. I listened to some clips of the flowmaster 40s and I really liked the sound of them.

Kenny