straight pipes?

kweber1911

I think that I am going to see how the straights sound when the truck is done. I know what sounds good and doesnt sound good. If it sounds like hell Ill do something a little different. Thanks for all the information guys. I listened to some clips of the flowmaster 40s and I really liked the sound of them.

Kenny

Some People just don't learn. :banghead: If that is what you are going to do, why did you ask for suggestions? :banghead:

go with what i have, its dual aero turbine mufflers, turned down b4 the rear axle, its practically straight pipes they are like glass packs so very open. it sounds deep as hell and very very loud. id get a sound clip but my camera is broke

well then....im open to suggestions. I want something to let people know Im coming.

then get a p/a system ooooooorrrrrrrrrr a set of muffs or resonators for "loud" plus some cutouts for when you want to go "really loud"

go true dual.......my bud has it on his 5.3 and is loud as hell and sound good too.....i'm going to run straights on mine as well....6.0........can you hear me now?? i have gibson muffler on mine and it sounds like there is a dead monkey in the damn thing....jmo.....rev the shit out of it and then i'll tell you if i can hear it over here in minnesota.....i guess that it where the ****in hillbillies reign from with striagt pipes.......****in city slickers :yellow_loser:

I am located in Brookings SD. and yes I know i asked for suggestions, mainly for the reason that if I dont like the sound of the straights Id like to turn around and throw a set of mufflers on right away b4 the truck leaves the shop. Im new to the SS game and would like to know more about these great trucks, and this forum is great as well. alot of help and alot of great information. Thanks guys

Kenny

got my truck back from the exhaust guy. I dunno...i like my straights. they have a deep tone to them but yet it is very good sounding at WOT. i do not think it sounds like hell and Im not a hick. Thank you for all the input though.

Kenny

:withstupid: I here trucks like that all day long, they think it gives them more power but they actually lose it and it does sound like :puke: I want to disable all the one I hear like that. Oh yea I know all them town cops (I work on their police and personal cars) and tell them they need to give em a ticket :D And there is always one that goes by my shop when one of them is here talking to me. Now I like a good sounding exhaust that is a little louder than stock but open pipes are for :yellow_loser:

I agree!!! :withstupid: