Windows Media Player

foxySS

Hi all, not quite sure what's going on here. I recently had some spyware/trojan virus that infected my computer and then I cleaned them out, but now Windows media player won't show video. I'm wondering if maybe when I was removing programs in the add/remove if I accidentally removed something related to the media player? I've searched everywhere online, and most say that problem is related to missing video codecs. I installed several different video codecs (one at a time) and none of them seemed to fix it. :banghead:

Anybody have any ideas?

You have enough codecs that *something* should play. I only assume you've tried more than one type of video format...

Could be an overlay problem, check Tool>Options>Performance Tab>Advanced, check overlay settings.

If that doesn't work, remove ANY codec packs you've tried and install klmcodec pack and use the recommended install.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I looked at my video drivers and didn't see any listed. Downloaded the latest video driver from Nvidia and Bam! We have Video! The only thing is, I have to do some adjusting for the resolution and screen configuration. It changed that around a whole bunch.

Thanks NoLegs!

Hey, one other thing. After I installed that video driver, my mouse is disappearing on the right side of my screen and it takes it forever to bring it back into the screen. I tried messing around with the Nvidia settings but nothing seems to fix that. Any ideas on that?