magnaflow exaust

When that guy said, "It will sound better if you remove the muffler", what does he mean exactly? Louder? Lower tone? Smoother? Raspier? I don't know that I would go cutting up a $750 exhaust system based on that advice. Do you not like the way it sounds now? If not, maybe take it off and sell it in one usable piece instead of hacking it up and start over. If you liked the way it sounded until you heard that suggestion, maybe leave it alone.

It looks like the 15840 system uses a dual 2.5" in/out muffler, but I'm not sure of the case length. I've heard the MF cat back on a 5.3 Av, and it had a nice smooth mellow/low tone - but was a little quiet IMO. If you want louder, a dual 2.5" in dual 3" out will do the trick nicely. That is what will fit in place of a factory SSS muffler, and is Magnaflow part #12569.

When that guy said, "It will sound better if you remove the muffler", what does he mean exactly? Louder? Lower tone? Smoother? Raspier? I don't know that I would go cutting up a $750 exhaust system based on that advice. Do you not like the way it sounds now? If not, maybe take it off and sell it in one usable piece instead of hacking it up and start over. If you liked the way it sounded until you heard that suggestion, maybe leave it alone.

It looks like the 15840 system uses a dual 2.5" in/out muffler, but I'm not sure of the case length. I've heard the MF cat back on a 5.3 Av, and it had a nice smooth mellow/low tone - but was a little quiet IMO. If you want louder, a dual 2.5" in dual 3" out will do the trick nicely. That is what will fit in place of a factory SSS muffler, and is Magnaflow part #12569.

i love the way my exaust sounds but i just wated to see if that guy was full of sh#$%

• 2 weeks later...

You don't have to cut up the magnaflow system to do this.You just don't add the muffler to the two lead pipes after the resonators.. I ran that way for a week or so by putting two pieces of pipe where the muffler was. It is alot louder and I liked it for the most part but the magnaflow muffler has a built in "x" pipe section(or at least opened up in the middle) and keeps the truck from popping when slowing down. I figure I might try this again by putting an xpipe where the muffler was. I know you should put the xpipe farther forward but i figure it is no different then what I have now and like said I don't want to cut anything up. Just waiting for the weather to get warmer to try again.

I have the magnaflow single out, in the stock location. I removed the muffler part because the truck was just not loud enough, with the muffler removed the cab drone did get louder, and more noticable, but the truck sounded better(louder) on the outside. Since you have the dual out, you should just be able to bolt the tails onto the resonator section and push the sound further back. I love the way the truck sounds now.