Welding Brass to SS

Krambo

Anyone have any experience on welding brass to Stainless? Can it be done using a MIG? I haven't tried yet but want to see if it is even possible. The weld doesn't need to be the strongest but enough to hold fast.

I am doing another intake for my SS and do not want to wait for some SS fittings :shakehead: I want to get this thing powdercoated and on the truck by Saturday.

i dont think a mig would to it. maybe tig weld

but i do brass to stainless alot with a oxy/acetlene torch and silver braze it together for refrigeration in dairy work. you need some 50% (silver) solder and some silvaloy flux. you can get a local refrigeration shop to silver braze it for you. only takes a few minutes.

make sure it is 50% silver not lead.

my silver braze joints will hold up to 750psi

i dont think a mig would to it. maybe tig weld

but i do brass to stainless alot with a oxy/acetlene torch and silver braze it together for refrigeration in dairy work. you need some 50% (silver) solder and some silvaloy flux. you can get a local refrigeration shop to silver braze it for you. only takes a few minutes.

make sure it is 50% silver not lead.

my silver braze joints will hold up to 750psi

:withstupid: Brazing came to mind for that as the best option.

Man i'm must be smokin' da good shit cause i could have swore that the title to this post said "Wedding bells for my SSS" I thought to myself, "damn kevin, i know you love your truck and all but...."

Man i'm must be smokin' da good shit cause i could have swore that the title to this post said "Wedding bells for my SSS" I thought to myself, "damn kevin, i know you love your truck and all but...."

:crackup: Tooo many textbooks and late nights!!!

:crackup::jester:

There have been times my wife would have though that though...

I picked up some stainless fittings yesterday at the plumbing store. HD and Lowes doesn't carry them.