More flaming Fords

misterp

there shouldnt be a recall on that, instead it should be an option available from the factory, every car should be able to come with a flame-thrower kit from the factory and under warranty :jester:

I bet he was wondering why he was getting 3 mpg driving home...

Although....I can kinda imagine him pulling up to a bmw or nice ferrari etc, and rev at him to to race.

Only to see the horror on the car owners face when he watches the paint melt off his car on his sideview

This is actually partly due to new smog laws for diesels which started in 07. All manufacturers of passenger diesel's are now not only required to have cats but they are also required to have particulate traps which is basically an exhaust filter and the trap will never allow smoke past. Eventually the trap will need cleaning and the only way to clean it is to get it really hot and it kinda acts as a cat in that way, it will then burn off any soot that it has traped. The manufactures are adding extra fuel to make it burn hot under certain conditions which is the cleaning period for the particulate trap, but something has majorly gone wrong with the Fords when some of them go into their cleaning cycle it's as if the injectors stick open way too long. I have heard it's a simple programming issue but as of now this is only hear say. We have one of these trucks at work and I would love to see it blow flames. The exhaust temps are supposed to get to around 2600* durring the cleaning cycle and this is why they put that odd looking tip on it because they are trying to introduce cooler air before that 2600* exhaust exits. If you look at the new HD Duramax LMM Chevy/GMC they also have a wierd tip on them for the same reason.