Pretty Excited

perk03z06

Well ... I'm finally almost done with getting the In-Truck Windows PC actually in the truck. Spent the last few days measuring, cutting, measuring, cutting, fitting, more cutting, re-assembling, disassembling, cutting some more ... you get the idea ...

The hardware part of the computer is mounted inside the center console. This is good because it is completely out of sight when the console is closed ... out of sight, out of mind ... :thumbs:

All I have left to do is run the dedicated power lines for it and finish installing all my software ... it's finally making some good progress. I can't wait until it's all finished. I posted some pictures here so that you guys can see the mounted product. That's pretty much how it will look after I've run the power, and all the other cables, etc.

The touchscreen is real nice ... but I think I'm going to need a keyboard anyway ... the CPU won't start up w/o one attached, unless I can figure out a way to bypass that ...

OK ... enough of my rambling ... here's the pics ...

Start Menu ...

IM000002.jpg

Dash View ...

IM000006.jpg

CD/DVD Tray ...

IM000007.jpg

Console Open ...

IM000009.jpg

Console Open2 ...

IM000010.jpg

Console Closed ... Tried to Keep a Clean Look ...

IM000011.jpg

Console Open3 ...

IM000018.jpg

DVD ...

IM000022.jpg

DVD in Tray ...

IM000023.jpg

DVD in Tray2 ...

IM000024.jpg

:cheers:

Edited by perk03z06 (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to figure out what exactly this will do? I see the dvd thing and yeah windows, but what it the full purpose of this unit?

Well ... I plan to run various Windows software on it (MS Office 2003, Quikbooks, Nero, Email, Internet, Messenger Programs, etc.) as well as some other goodies ...

I have a PC-based GM Scanner that I'm gonna run on it ... that will give me access to real-time diagnostics and controls ... just like the dealership has ...

Also plan on finding a Windows-based tuning program. This will let me load PCM tunes whenever I want/need to ...

What else ... GPS ... oh, and I can wireless network the truck PC to my home PC ... and exchange files ... (mp3's, mostly) and build music libraries that play right through the factory system ...

Watch DVD movies while going down the road ... or let the passengers watch, etc.

Options are pretty much limitless ... :thumbs:

nice, it will be awsome to have a built in tuner! Is that a true mobile PC, with all the Isolation junk?? IU was looking at one and they seemd to be cool-but you have to want to figure out all the details...good install, can you still popo the cup holder out??

nice, it will be awsome to have a built in tuner! Is that a true mobile PC, with all the Isolation junk?? IU was looking at one and they seemd to be cool-but you have to want to figure out all the details...good install, can you still popo the cup holder out??

Yep ... Cup Holder still pops out ... unless the CD/DVD tray is out, of course ...

It is a true mobile PC. Right now, I need to run it on regular 110V AC because I don't have the power lines run for it yet ... but I'm working on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Isolation Junk" ... :dunno:

wanna do one in my truck?

you should get hptuners and install it on that pc!

I just looked at their site ... product looks good ... but I don't like the way they set up the licenses ...

If I buy tuner software ... I want it to work all the time, and not go through all the hoop jumping of license validation ... that's :icon_bs:

Anyone else have any other ideas? Are there any products out there that you can buy one time, and it works forever?

wanna do one in my truck?

you should get hptuners and install it on that pc!

Where do you live?