Painting engine covers?

ssaman

Ok so I decided to give into boredom and paint my brake calipers. The red I got matches my paint really well and it got me thinking...Maybe I could use this stuff to paint the plastic covers on my engine since the paint is heat resistant up to 500 degrees. I shot a few sprays on the air box from my old truck and it seems to be fine, IE not eating the plastic or anything. My plan was to use de-greaser and sand the plastic lightly then paint it on? You guys think this will work or am I going to ruin my plastic covers? Here are a few relevant pics...

paint.jpg

brake.jpg

airbox.jpg

Edited by ssaman (see edit history)

So I went ahead and painted the covers, I left the center one black. I must say, its going to look awesome when I get it on the engine. Here are a few pics of what i did so far...

cover3.jpg

cover2.jpg

covers.jpg

And here is a pic of one of my newly painted brakes

brake2.jpg

So i let the covers sit overnight and dry out. But i got impatient when they wernt dry the next day so I went ahead and put them on 90% dry. I figured the engine heat would do the rest pretty quick. Everything turned out awesome, the engine covers look awesome. Here are a few pics of the finished product!

enginecovers.jpg

enginecover2.jpg

enginecover3.jpg

hope y'all like it as much as I do! :chevy: