Business owners and consumers...step inside

Black2003SS

From reading your post you seem like a smart guy, and sounds like you've done your homework. I'm sure you know the advantages of buying an established business, and the importance of keeping current customers and employees happy/productive. Change makes people very nerveous, especially in the automotive business. I'm sure you'll do fine whatever you decide to do. :thumbs:

I went through this 2 years ago purchasing the bicycle store with my father. Everything may look great on paper but there is always a hitch. You need to establish lines of credit with all of the parts companies AHEAD of buying the buisness. Having not owned a prior buisness they'll go off of your personal credit. Make sure that you can get enough to keep the store full at all times. Talk to some of the employees there now and get a feel for their take on things. Be open minded and listen to things they would change or even the customers input is important.