60 lb injectors?

I'm running a Radix 112 on my 06 SS with the 2.9 pulley ( seeing 106% on the injectors) do I need the bigger 60 lb injectors, if yes does anyone make a plug&play set (with pigtails so you don't have to splice wire) for our SS trucks? Pat.

As long as you are not going lean from your commanded AFR you are O.K. HOWEVER an injector swap is suggested at this point. Most people suggest swapping injectors when IDC's are over 80%. If you should do any more mods, have a hic-up with fuel pressure or just have a real good air day you run the risk of going lean.

As for plug and play with injectors over the 42#rs,...not that I am aware of. I still can't believe NO COMPANY has invested the time to make a set of adaptors. There are some nice splice-in connectors out there and there are obviously a ton of injectors that will flow more than your 42#rs just none that will be a direct swap.

Correct me if I am wrong anybody as I would love to see a direct swap wire harness for the motron 60's or the SVO 42#rs. :smash:

Correct me if I am wrong anybody as I would love to see a direct swap wire harness for the motron 60's or the SVO 42#rs. :smash:

Isn't this what you would need? http://cprracing.com/injectoradpt.htm

I'm not 100% sure because I don't know what the Motron 60's connector looks like, but the two types shown on that page are the only two types I've ever seen...

Isn't this what you would need? http://cprracing.com/injectoradpt.htm

I'm not 100% sure because I don't know what the Motron 60's connector looks like, but the two types shown on that page are the only two types I've ever seen...

We need the MultecII adaptor to the EV1 (or whatever). These seem to be an LS2 to Bosch style adaptor right? The LS2 injectors are different than ours UNLESS you have the Flex-Fuel type and they seem to be the same at the LS2's.

The only place I was aware that was working on an adaptor was Caspers. If so, they should be out...need to make a phone call.

Caspers Link

Anyone else have any info :dunno:

I couldn't find ready made adaptors when I installed 60's so I made my own.

DSC04988.jpg

DSC04983.jpg

DSC04985.jpg

The harness for the OEM injector was necessary because the injectors took the

long way from Canada to Michigan via Puerto Rico. I didn't want to put the truck

out of commission while I waited and the swap was quick when they finally arrived.

The fuel rails also needed to be modified to allow them to sit lower due to the shorter injector.

I neglected to photograph that mod.

Stewart

This is what I used when I went to the siemens 60# injectors. All you have to do is cut off your existing pigtails, and use the supplied hardware to crimp or soder the new pins into the pigtail. really easy to do and looks stock.

edit that didnt work

try again.harness adaptors

We need the MultecII adaptor to the EV1 (or whatever). These seem to be an LS2 to Bosch style adaptor right? The LS2 injectors are different than ours UNLESS you have the Flex-Fuel type and they seem to be the same at the LS2's.

The only place I was aware that was working on an adaptor was Caspers. If so, they should be out...need to make a phone call.

Caspers Link

Anyone else have any info :dunno:

I emailed them yesterday in regards to this, and this is what they had to say...

We are working on the design for tooling for this connector. I can let you

know a status update around June.

Regards,

- The Sales Team

CASPER'S ELECTRONICS, INC.

1333 Wilhelm Rd.

Mundelein, IL 60060

P: 847.247.0484 x 1

F: 847.247.0483

I guess we will have to wait or build our own like Stewart and chpspecial :dunno:

I guess we will have to wait or build our own like Stewart and chpspecial :dunno:

And for the $15 it costs for the MSD-2400 connectors, it was worth it to me to cut and crimp versus waiting for a plug and play set of connectors for $8/ea. :)

Justin, will the MSD-2400 connectors work on the Motron 60lb injectors? Pat

Yep. :)

And when getting tuned... The mototron 60s (actually 63.2) flow 72.3# at 58psi. :) I went from around 100% IDC down to around 60%.

Yes, those are the injectors and connectors I used.

Whoops, Justin beat me to it.

Yep. :)

I'll get you some analysis on those logs tonight. Would have done it today, but this work computer sucks.