Need Opinion

cwest94

I was just curious to know what some of your thoughs are with the cars I'm looking at getting as a daily driver. I was thinking maybe either someone here might have one, or knows someone who does and could pass on their thoughts of it.

I am currently looking at the Toyota 4Runner and the Hummer H3, I am also looking at the Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy too. Now keep in mind, I'm a young, single guy and like to have something thats sporty looking and I like sitting up higher. I currently have a Chevy Blazer ZR2 and I like it and love the ground clearance, but its just to small for me anymore.

So I like how the H3 and the 4Runner have a nice ground clearance, and both are sporty looking with just the right amount of space inside. I also like the TrailBlazer/Envoy but cant stand the lower ground clearance and when sitting in it, it feels like something a soccor mom would drive and not some young guy.

So as of now the 4Runner is winning with the size and practical use it has and I was just curious to know what anyone thinks of any of the cars I've mentioned and has any feed back on them with thoughs and so forth.

Thanks for any info you guys/gals can give me. :cheers:

4Runner=engine sludge problems

I wasn't real impressed with the H3 when I drove one, it didn't seem to have much power and had pretty bad blind spots. I'd check out the Envoy, the interior is alot nicer in that one than the trailblazer, unless you go SS that is :D

ive drove everyone but the 4runner. i personally HATED the H3. i felt like it was just made very cheap, when i was driving it, it just felt like i was in a really high civic. envoys are definitley a lot nicer than the trailblazer, but as you said you want something a little more higher. ive always owned GM cars/trucks, so i personally wouldnt go with toyota, maybe get a trailblazer and get a 2 or 3 inch body lift with some bigger tires??? what about like a jeep liberty or durango? let us know what you decide

My sister has a h3, it handles pretty nice for such a high truck...

I would hate to drive it every day. I hate driving it for a long period of time...biggest peeve?

The accelertor and brake pedal are practically on top of each other. Dont get the h3

Have you looked at the Toyota FJ Cruiser, too small? Don't know much about them, price seems reasonable, just a thought.

Jeep unlimited?

FJ's are overpriced...my gf bought one for just over 30K..it's got some options, but still....

Edited by Jond983 (see edit history)

I've looked at those Toyota FJ things and I dont like them at all, and they start at 30k, way to much money for such a ugly small suv. I like the looks of the H3 and all, but I cant see myself making that a daily driver, thats why the 4Runner is at the top of the list. I like the GMC Envoy a lot, but I cant get over how it does not have a higher groud clearence. It would be to hard for me to go from what I have now to something that sits lower. On the other hand, I also feel like I'm going to feel guilty with getting something other then a Chevy or a GM made product, I've had GM made cars for a long time now.

Okay, I found something that seems to be a good deal, I just dont know anything about them. I found a left over 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the HEMI engine and NAV. The window sticker is for 41k and they are asking 30K for it, it only has 34 miles on it, still has all the plastic on the seates and steering wheel. According to Jeeps website, this thing should get 14mpg city and 19 highway, think this is true or false? I hate to get something that gets crappy MPG, my current suv only gets between 13 to 14mpg and most of my driving is highway.

Okay, I found something that seems to be a good deal, I just dont know anything about them. I found a left over 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the HEMI engine and NAV. The window sticker is for 41k and they are asking 30K for it, it only has 34 miles on it, still has all the plastic on the seates and steering wheel. According to Jeeps website, this thing should get 14mpg city and 19 highway, think this is true or false? I hate to get something that gets crappy MPG, my current suv only gets between 13 to 14mpg and most of my driving is highway.

chrysler products typically have below rate repair records and very poor rate of depreciation.

yea that sounds about right. our trucks are only rated at like 13 city 17 high way. thing that sux about the hemis is that they are SEVERLEY de-tuned. thats why our trucks can smoke them so easily. ive read articles where they only add intake, headers, and exhaust and it added like 60 horsepower. they come outta the factory and suck

Are you looking for a used or new daily driver? if new, Toyo's are not cheap. My mother inlaw has an 05 4runner v6 and that thing has some balls, but it does'nt get great gas mileage. Also I thought the seats where a little uncomfortable on long trips. On the flip side Toyota is very reliable and has a great resale value. TMO. Is a used 4runner an option? I like the older body style too.

Here is a link to some used....4runner1994-2006

Also besure to click MODIFY SEARCH on the left side of the page to change the Zip and you can also search up to 3 different vehicles at the same time. Pretty cool.

Well I looked at the Jeep and its nice and all, but its not my style, it seems like its made real cheap and not a good over all fit and finish. Also the inside is very small and the cargo area is a lot smaller then what my Blazer has.

Yes I'm looking for a used car, not brand new and I think I'm about 95% sure I want to go with the Toyota 4Runner. I looked at two of them today and found a 05 limited that I really liked a lot, here are 2 pics of it:

P4081227.JPG

P4081228.JPG

What do you think? I'm off work tomorrow for the holidays, I think I'm going to stop over and take it out for a test drive and see what they have to say.