The New M3

zanis520

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, Have you ever driven an M (3-5 or 6) they are amazing, I was a h8r until I drove a friends 500 hp m5, then I alomost bought an 03 leguna seca blue m3... Bad ass cars.... The inlin had to be revved very High, in fact it could be a mid 14 car...or a mid-low 13 sec car depending on driver skill, the peak rpm i believ was 7200... They sound mean @ 6500+.... Do yourself some fun and go test drive an M.....

BTW I love the new ones..... 335 I is also a nice choice for less coin. It has a turbo and over 300 hp...!!

My boss just bought on of those..an 07 m5..it has a button on the steering wheel that gives it like an 85 hp boost...this car is insane...too much $$$$ for me though...

Very well built solid car.

I have a friend who has a e46 330ci zhp. He has been hankering for a 335. BMW owners get a bad rap, but there are some very cool ones who complement the hell out of my truck. Some are on a very high horse...

Anyways great car.

So, paying over $2,500.00 for every major service is okay? Do you like $300.00 oil changes? How about 1.5 hours of labor for each wheel on a brake job?

Chris Bangle's designs are uninspiring. The cars are well made, and micro-edge precise. Their level of precision makes them extremely fragile.

The servicing costs are the main reason you will never see me driving one.

It's a nice fast car, but that is all. I will keep my truck and buy a G8 GT, because it will be the only import that has LS power.

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

Dude, Have you ever driven an M (3-5 or 6) they are amazing, I was a h8r until I drove a friends 500 hp m5, then I alomost bought an 03 leguna seca blue m3... Bad ass cars.... The inlin had to be revved very High, in fact it could be a mid 14 car...or a mid-low 13 sec car depending on driver skill, the peak rpm i believ was 7200... They sound mean @ 6500+.... Do yourself some fun and go test drive an M.....

BTW I love the new ones..... 335 I is also a nice choice for less coin. It has a turbo and over 300 hp...!!

If you haven't had the chance to drive one yet you need to!! I fix them all day everyday and it is still a rush to get into a M car and drive it. Drove them all in SC at the performance center, the new 335i was the most fun of them all on the track!!

i raced some guy driving a red m3 down mill ave in tempe. probobly the worst street to race down narrowly avoiding pedestrians and whatnot. anyhow it was good race his car pulled me when he shifted to third but up till then it was pretty tied. i didnt like the guy he was flamboyantly homosexual i felt like a real idiot when he won

Thats a real smart place to street race!! :shakehead: STUPID

My boss just bought on of those..an 07 m5..it has a button on the steering wheel that gives it like an 85 hp boost...this car is insane...too much $$$$ for me though...

:shakehead:

So, paying over $2,500.00 for every major service is okay? Do you like $300.00 oil changes? How about 1.5 hours of labor for each wheel on a brake job?

Chris Bangle's designs are uninspiring. The cars are well made, and micro-edge precise. Their level of precision makes them extremely fragile.

The servicing costs are the main reason you will never see me driving one.

It's a nice fast car, but that is all. I will keep my truck and buy a G8 GT, because it will be the only import that has LS power.

Find me another manufacturer that has 4yrs/50K maint. You pay for NOTHING except the tires you destroy. Thats free brakes, oil changes, everything!!

So, after 4/50 you just throw it away, right?

I didn't say they weren't good cars, just that _I_ don't want one. I can drive anything I want to, and I still don't want one.

Y'all need to quit hating.

Oh, and what is the tow rating on that M3?

Thought so...

BMW's are nice cars, and like any car, there are people out there who give them a bad rep. If you go to the GMFS site there are a few guys there that dont like the SSS guys, because they are "stuck up" and from being a member here, I think we're all pretty laid back with the exception of a few members.

I dunno about well-made ... but I will agree with fragile. The electronics on BMW's are by far the worst I've ever seen ... I've seen several BMW's that will go ballistic when you hook up a scanner to them (Instrument Panel gauges sweep & vibrate, then the needles don't rehome, lights flicker & flash, etc.)

The car's electronics' need to be resilient to the scanner interfacing with the vehicle bus, and BMW is just not up to par ...

Funny, too how BMW tried filing for exemption to J2534 ... the EPA/SAE/ISO reprogramming standardization ... and they claim that their vehicle's were more 'technologically advanced' than the spec. outlined ... which is why they couldn't conform ... which may be true, but my guess is that their electronics were really not able to conform due to poor design ... JMO.

i dont know about everyone else, i personally like bimmers, i mean they arent my favorite or anywhere near the top, but they are cool cars. i would never sell my chevy for one but they're cool. im not a fan of the looks on the m3, but the performance is pretty amazing. id personally rather have the 5 or 6 series if i had to choose. and as for having problems. EVERY CAR has problems its just a matter of what you want to put up with. as for the tow rating on the car, WHO CARES, ITS A CAR. no one buys a bimmer for tow rating, its a flippin car. thats like goin on a bimmer forum and saying wow look at the new ss its got a lot of power and good features and someone saying ya but look at the gas mileage, ITS A TRUCK, THEY DONT GET GOOD GAS MILEAGE. you're comparing apples and oranges. sorry for the rant, i guess im just venting :dunno:

The car's electronics' need to be resilient to the scanner interfacing with the vehicle bus, and BMW is just not up to par ...

Hey! Looks like someone besides me remembers the 850i :)

They are just a little too overengineered for me is all.

Nah, for real. Its important to drive whatever you want...every vehicle is a pile of nuts and bolts, and they all have their problems.

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

BMW's are nice cars, and like any car, there are people out there who give them a bad rep. If you go to the GMFS site there are a few guys there that dont like the SSS guys, because they are "stuck up" and from being a member here, I think we're all pretty laid back with the exception of a few members.

:withstupid:

Anybody remember that topic on gmfs trashing us ?

Just a few guys said we were on our high horse however we had dylan, dumpedv8 and a few others come to our defense