New front bumper cover

My plastic front bumper is cracking. Soon it will be split in half. How much am I looking at to replace the bumper with paint? Is there a replica bumper cover that is not as costly as a gm bumper cover?

Walter

Yours is the first one I have hears of this happening to. I believe Street Scene makes a similar cover, but I'm not sure. If it was my truck, I would bit the bullet and put another OEM one on. It's not doing the truck justice to put a fake one on.

How does a bumper cover split in half unless it has been whacked pretty hard?

I cracked mine on a Snowbank (ice) two winters ago ... It was about $800 total, for new cover and paint. I think the cover alone through GM is about $500.00 ... Mine also needed a new Brake Vent and lower Billet grille ... Grand total out of pocket was around $1000.00

EDIT ... your an '06??? Don't you still have a warranty you can have GM fix it under?

I whacked it on some ice so I don't think they will cover it. Thanks for the info.

I cracked mine on a Snowbank (ice) two winters ago ... It was about $800 total, for new cover and paint. I think the cover alone through GM is about $500.00 ... Mine also needed a new Brake Vent and lower Billet grille ... Grand total out of pocket was around $1000.00

EDIT ... your an '06??? Don't you still have a warranty you can have GM fix it under?