friend bought new tundra

BlackSS04

A buddy of mine just got the new V8 Tundra, and he wants to run when he comes down here in a week. He's been talking alot of smack lately, and i'm just itchin to put a brussin on him. I told him all i have is exhaust and he's thinks he is certain he's gunna win. It'll be fun puttin a hurtin on him. Now if I can only find a good performance tranny shop to get this shift kit & TBTC in before he comes. I'm having a hard time finding a quality shop that won't overcharge me. It would be nice to run him with those in, but I have confidence I will win without them though. I'll let you guys know the outcome.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be close with what you have. Get the TC and SK in, it will be a definite W for you. Get a tune from zippy for $150 as well...

zippy does tunes for 150? i was going to go with a pcm4less tune for 350 or so, but if zippy's is 150, shit , i'm all for it.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

I believe with Zippy, he will just send you the file in an email, and you have to have tuning software to download it. pcm4less is sending you a PCM that has the tune that you just swap out.

i sent my pcm to frank he tuned it and sent it back. there is no core charge to deal with.

all the tunes are basically the same right? why would pcm4less be so high and zippy's and raceworks tune be alot lower. fill me in here.

because they want to. just like what you said earlier, why would you pay 350 somewhere else if you could pay 150 to get the same work done?

frank from rev raceworks is a good dude to deal with. him and zippy are affiliates.

Edited by wody (see edit history)

negative that is one draw back, but if you plan for it you can deal with it. plus if you need it, you can overnight it to him and he will overnight it back. that is what i had to do. worked out great. since you're in florida i would use zippy since frank is all the way over here in vegas now. send em both a pm and see what you can get.

Edited by wody (see edit history)

negative that is one draw back, but if you plan for it you can deal with it. plus if you need it, you can overnight it to him and he will overnight it back. that is what i had to do. worked out great.

that sounds like what i would have to do. thanks for the info

zippy does tunes for 150? i was going to go with a pcm4less tune for 350 or so, but if zippy's is 150, shit , i'm all for it.

First off I have PCM4Less and have nothing but praise for them and as for the price it is only that high if you keep your original PCM as I did which is nice for when you need to update your tune when you add a mod you don't have any truck downtime. You can send your original PCM in and get your core charge refunded.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)