150 Shot of spray

Im gonna buy a 150 shot kit and wanted to know should i buy any other mods to help it run safer and better. I currently have a gibson dual exhuast and CAI. I was thinking i need to get a zippy tune or for nitrous.

2-3 Heat Range Colder plugs. Bigger injectors... Progressive timmer to keep the engine alive( for a little longer at least). A zippy shift kit install, Fuel Pressure gauge, Bottle pressure Gauge, Bottle heater... there are lots of things.... Depends on what kit?Wet/dry?how complete of a kit? The sky is the limit if you want peice of mind that all is right and help keep the stock bottom end kicking... Personally.... 125 is the MAX I would put to a cast piston engine. Especially one with factory rings..... Prepare to blow the Ring lands if you lean her out...... KABOOM

Probably the safest way to start out for you would be the ZEX wet truck kit and the 75hp shot. You can learn alot abotu nitrous along the way. The ZEX kit is plug and play and you wont need a tune for the 75hp shot as long as you are mostly stock. You sound fairly novice and this is the only reason why I recommend the zex, it is more fool proof than NOS/NX etc. Once you can get all of the other stuff like trans work, gauges controller, tune, etc. you can upgrade to a larger shot. Realize also a nitrous tune will slow your truck down from its current state until the nitrous is activated.

I am going to use the Thunder Racing Timing Controller when I install mine. It lets you run a regular performane tune in your PCM for everyday driving, then the controller pulls the timing back to whatever you set it to when the NOS kicks in. You won't need to change anything in your tune. Timing needs to come back about 2 degrees for every 50 HP shot from what I was told. 125 = 5 degrees timing retard. That may just be because of my tune, I don't know. It's what my tuner said. I am running a 93 octane tune. He also suggested a Walbro pump and possibly bigger injectors to be safe. He said I was my injectors are running at 90% already. I am going to use remote fuel and NOS gauges, automatic bottle heater, remote opener, and maybe a plate behind the TB, I'm not sure about that yet.

I have a 150shot on my truck and have made ALOT of passes on it. Its a combo of NOS and NX parts. I have the exhaust, CAI as well. I am running the NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .035 and a PCMforless tune for nitrous (a zippy tune will work fine also). The truck runs like a bat outta hell when I hit the juice. I just turned 60k and still on the stock tranny and engine, guess I've been lucky in that area.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 150shot on my truck and have made ALOT of passes on it. Its a combo of NOS and NX parts. I have the exhaust, CAI as well. I am running the NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .035 and a PCMforless tune for nitrous (a zippy tune will work fine also). The truck runs like a bat outta hell when I hit the juice. I just turned 60k and still on the stock tranny and engine, guess I've been lucky in that area.

I see you are still going strong, I haven't seen you around in a while. I still haven't bit the N02 bullet yet but I want to. My goal was to see 13's first, then spray. I just did a cam and tune but I don't think I have enough converter for the cam. I am ordering a Yank Pro Truck 3200 this week. Til the end of this month, you get a 36,000 lb trans cooler free with purchase of the converter. Right now, I am about the same ET as before the cam and tune (go figure). It is slower out of the hole but picks up down the track. That is a stall issue I'm sure. It pulls hard 3500 rpm up. So out with the TB converter and in with the real thing. The TB does OK, but not good enough for my combo. I saw a guy Sunday running a RCSB Sierra 5.3 with shorties, CAI, tune and 100 shot Zex kit running 13.50's with street tires easing it off the line. You drop almost 2 seconds on the bottle right? If I can see about a 13.80 or so, then spray, I should be easy in the 12's.

• 1 month later...
I see you are still going strong, I haven't seen you around in a while. I still haven't bit the N02 bullet yet but I want to. My goal was to see 13's first, then spray. I just did a cam and tune but I don't think I have enough converter for the cam. I am ordering a Yank Pro Truck 3200 this week. Til the end of this month, you get a 36,000 lb trans cooler free with purchase of the converter. Right now, I am about the same ET as before the cam and tune (go figure). It is slower out of the hole but picks up down the track. That is a stall issue I'm sure. It pulls hard 3500 rpm up. So out with the TB converter and in with the real thing. The TB does OK, but not good enough for my combo. I saw a guy Sunday running a RCSB Sierra 5.3 with shorties, CAI, tune and 100 shot Zex kit running 13.50's with street tires easing it off the line. You drop almost 2 seconds on the bottle right? If I can see about a 13.80 or so, then spray, I should be easy in the 12's.

I ran 150 wet shot. on the six bottle hit the rev limiter and cracked piston #2. get the saftey switches to help prevent this. good luck