best in dash LCD

Hey guys, I am looking for the best in dash LCD/ DVD, CD, Ipod interface out there. The best one that I have found is Alpines IVA-W200. I mainly use my Ipod for music so I want the best connection and sound as possible. I believe that the Alpine interface is the best one. What do you guys think? I just wish they weren't so much though. Thanks for the help.

Reese

do a search on yahoo or whatever for a brand called Valor. they are awsome, they make great products, and reasonably priced too, because not that many people know about them. plus EVERYTHING is included in the unit, they come with ipod hook up, blue tooth, and a bunch of other stuff too. im getting one in june when i have enough saved up

• 3 weeks later...

The new Pioneer AVIC-D3. Its awesome. Very user friendly with many options and features. You can even change the color of all the buttons. Kinda nice to change to blue in the day and red at night. Also has bluetooth for your cell phone.

Also will interface with your truck and throw up some gauge on the screen with the Nav.

Check it out on www.crutchfield.com

The new Pioneer AVIC-D3. Its awesome. Very user friendly with many options and features. You can even change the color of all the buttons. Kinda nice to change to blue in the day and red at night. Also has bluetooth for your cell phone.

Also will interface with your truck and throw up some gauge on the screen with the Nav.

Check it out on www.crutchfield.com

I was thinking about the Avic Z1, anyone have experience with that?

Edited by wilson (see edit history)

I like pimp_ss's ... I think it's 8" and he's got it in that good dust-collecting area below the HVAC controls. That way, if you have a 6 disc, you get to keep it ... :thumbs:

Check w/ him ...

thanks for the compliment i have about 300 dollars and a little time in my tv

DSCI0083.jpg

if you check out my photobucket page you can see all my pics im not sure how to post the link so that you can see all of my pics but ill try

post-6481-1178641681_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimp ss (see edit history)

I was thinking about doing this mod, but I was going to start off with the panel that they used for the six-dish changers that weren't part of the head unit, they went down where pimp_ss's monitor is. I want to start with that panel and cut it out to fit the monitor. Anyone know if that will work?

If it does, somebody shoot me the PN please...

I was thinking about doing this mod, but I was going to start off with the panel that they used for the six-dish changers that weren't part of the head unit, they went down where pimp_ss's monitor is. I want to start with that panel and cut it out to fit the monitor. Anyone know if that will work?

If it does, somebody shoot me the PN please...

Being that what you're looking to do is VERY custom ... your best bet would be to find the dimensions of the bezel you're talking about, and then match those up to the dimensions of the LCD panel you want to use. When I did mine, I measured everything before I bought my panel. I didn't want to buy something to find out later it wouldn't fit. Depth is probably going to be the most important dimension in the region that I think you're referring to. In our SS's, the trucks w/ the BOSE system have that subwoofer that's in the console ... and it might get in the way of what you want to do.

When I started brainstorming my project, I was going to replace my 6disc head with the GM NAV head, and just add the 6disc changer in the console ... similar to what you're talking about ... but I decided against that concept in lieu of placing the panel in that open area below the HVAC head.

I don't know the PN off hand, but I'm sure a dealer parts guy would be able to help you ...

there is plenty of depth in that area, I have a DIN sized DVD player down there, with a lil massagin it fit great. as for the best picture in an indash, just remember, you get what you pay for, you are driving a 40K$ truck, dont skimp on the add-ons.... just my 2 cents..

there is plenty of depth in that area, I have a DIN sized DVD player down there, with a lil massagin it fit great. as for the best picture in an indash, just remember, you get what you pay for, you are driving a 40K$ truck, dont skimp on the add-ons.... just my 2 cents..

What kind of "massaging" did you have to do? Just out of curiosity ...

Did you leave room as an air gap so that the unit you installed can breathe?

Being that what you're looking to do is VERY custom ... your best bet would be to find the dimensions of the bezel you're talking about, and then match those up to the dimensions of the LCD panel you want to use. When I did mine, I measured everything before I bought my panel. I didn't want to buy something to find out later it wouldn't fit. Depth is probably going to be the most important dimension in the region that I think you're referring to. In our SS's, the trucks w/ the BOSE system have that subwoofer that's in the console ... and it might get in the way of what you want to do.

When I started brainstorming my project, I was going to replace my 6disc head with the GM NAV head, and just add the 6disc changer in the console ... similar to what you're talking about ... but I decided against that concept in lieu of placing the panel in that open area below the HVAC head.

I don't know the PN off hand, but I'm sure a dealer parts guy would be able to help you ...

I'm going to use a Double-DIN sized DVD player from kenwood, and complete it with some nice GPS and try to find a way to wire it all to the factory HU, or replace that as well (don't know for sure yet). But from the few pictures i've seen on this site of members with LCDs mounted down in that panel, it looks like my only option is to make a custom fiberglass panel or to get another panel and cut it to fit (which is what it looks like pimp_ss did)... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated though...

Edited by Rausche (see edit history)

I'm going to use a Double-DIN sized DVD player from kenwood, and complete it with some nice GPS and try to find a way to wire it all to the factory HU, or replace that as well (don't know for sure yet). But from the few pictures i've seen on this site of members with LCDs mounted down in that panel, it looks like my only option is to make a custom fiberglass panel or to get another panel and cut it to fit (which is what it looks like pimp_ss did)... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated though...

I just got the new kenwood DDX8019.This thing is sweet! it has reverse tilt,2 usb ports 1 for ipod quick song access.nav,touch screen,dvd audio/video.This thing puts my nav in my lexus to shame.Finally my truck is getting up to date.