Exhaust

smoke03

How can i get rid of my cats and keep the computer from throwin a code and cause my check engine light to come on? I was plannin on dualin' it out and addin flows (any suggestions on what style would be appreciated)...or maybe borla...i would appreciate any and all opinions

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

the tune will basically eliminate your second set of sensors, due to the fact that it would be the same reading as the 1st set of sensors if you don't have cats.

the tune will basically eliminate your second set of sensors, due to the fact that it would be the same reading as the 1st set of sensors if you don't have cats.

ok thank you for that info but i have one more ? are the BBK High flow throttle bodies worth the money. i have stock intake manifold will it even work?

lots of info on this site. do a search. i believe that some have said they aren't worth it since they are only 2mm larger than stock and plus you have to transfer the drive motor parts. and some have ended up with problems.

How can i get rid of my cats and keep the computer from throwin a code and cause my check engine light to come on? I was plannin on dualin' it out and addin flows (any suggestions on what style would be appreciated)...or maybe borla...i would appreciate any and all opinions

I SAy NO to FLOWS...... They are not getting it done anymore..... Borla maybe a good choice....but Exspensive!

I SAy NO to FLOWS...... They are not getting it done anymore..... Borla maybe a good choice....but Exspensive!

IMHO, Dont get rid of the cats... not worth it,did it and removed the rear o2's and could not keep the dtc light turned off,did not run any better without them,the exhaust was raspy,not tuned in sound,fuel smell constant,and all around a mistake.I purchased some hi flow cats and put them in my off road pipe and put new o2's in.runs smoother and dont even have rear o2's tuned for the recent changes.

As for the flowmaster's,I heard the 40's sound sweet as long as you stagger them so they dont sit side by side,because they will resonate really bad at 2000 rpm if they are not staggered. hope that helps. :driving:

for the record there is no such thing as a dumb question :nono: . getting a custom tune consists of basically letting the pcm(your trucks computer) know the changes you have done to the truck (intake, exhaust, cam, headers, stroker, etc... ) so it can perform very well. as far as the tuning, no you dont need to be GM certified, there are professional tuners, people who tune themselve, if you do a search you will find lots of information on tuning on this site :thumbs:

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

hey i appreciate all your help and ive bought 2 o2 bypass's and im gonna see if they work and if not im gonna look for an alternative route...the main reason i wanna lose the cats is because the right one rattles really bad...if they work ill let yall know...thanks again for all of your help