truck ideling funny

brobradh77

yea borbadh77 my truck was doing that to i would start it up and it would die for like a half a second and i knew what it was my tune was off by 1 point and it was throwing a maf code and my check engine light was on but dustin at trt performance fixed they did a hell of a job

My truck has not thrown any codes and I havent changed my tune since Feb. my mechanic has it down to the fuel pump is going out so I have a Walbro coming.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news it was the MAF being a little dirty. I took the filter off and sprayed the piss out of it with electronics cleaner and now it fires right up and when it idles it rattles the windows in my house again :driving:

Thanks Again :cheers:

You'll prolly notice a little more meat when you drive it WOT now that the MAf is clean ...

You'll prolly notice a little more meat when you drive it WOT now that the MAf is clean ...

I got home that day and took it apart and sprayed it down real good and it fired right up I just knew problem solved. Boy was I wrong oh well hopefully after tommorrow when my new fuel pump goes in it will be fixed.

That's funny mine just started soing that same thing too, just this last week. I buy Super Unleaded at Flying J or at the Valero on Kemp & SW parkway, how about u Brad? No SES light on mine either, so I'll try the MAF sensor cleaning too.

Oh BTW Brad, I ran into our Blue SS friend last weekend, Arthur, he said @ tell u "hello".

That's funny mine just started soing that same thing too, just this last week. I buy Super Unleaded at Flying J or at the Valero on Kemp & SW parkway, how about u Brad? No SES light on mine either, so I'll try the MAF sensor cleaning too.

Oh BTW Brad, I ran into our Blue SS friend last weekend, Arthur, he said @ tell u "hello".

I get my petro at Sams and tell Art to join the site.

Well I cleaned the MAF sensor last night, and it didn't change anything this morning. My truck stubbled and died again!! I tried 3 back to back restarts in the driveway and on the last 1 it stubbled again, then cleared up and idled normally. :confused: I taked to some techs friends and they said it was because I run 93 octane in the 'HO. :eek: I'm will finish running out of the 93 octane tank of gas, remove my programmer for 2 weeks running on regular 87 octane gas just 2 C if it changes anything. I'll report back my findings... :crazy:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Well I cleaned the MAF sensor last night, and it didn't change anything this morning. My truck stubbled and died again!! I tried 3 back to back restarts in the driveway and on the last 1 it stubbled again, then cleared up and idled normally. :confused: I taked to some techs friends and they said it was because I run 93 octane in the 'HO. :eek: I'm will finish running out of the 93 octane tank of gas, remove my programmer for 2 weeks running on regular 87 octane gas just 2 C if it changes anything. I'll report back my findings... :crazy:

Who are your tech friends? Yeah thats what Chevy is telling my mechanic is causing the problems with my fuel delivery. I run 93 octane also. :dunno:

What is IAC? and we think it is the fuel regulator is bad so I got that changed out today and I will know in the morning if it fires up on the first try or not. FINGERS CROSSED

IAC = Idle Air Control :driving:

When I had my '00 Grand Prix, it would stall after starting it or it would idle erradically, IAC was bad.

My tech buddies say that Super NOlead will NOT knock a fuel pump out (what I thought anyway), but it will make the engine harder to start, esp. when it is colder outside. The IAC valve is usually bolted onto the side of the throttle body. I guess it is on the right front side of our throttle body guys? Two (2) bolts maybe? :confused:

Well I removed my Superchips program and set the 'HO back to stock. Then I added a full tank of mid-grade 89 octane gas, so far so good. The truck has been driven ALL weekend and has started flawlessly every day!!!??? :crazy:

i dunno what to make of it. i am still running 93 for now. i am taking my truck to my guy monday night so he can get all of his computer shit and gauges hooked up for the very first start of the morning when its at its worst. Hopefully he will be able to find something. :( Don't like it when my baby is sick.